Thread: What to do to move office files on a network

What to do to move office files on a network

Most of them are having tribulations by means of systems working with Windows 7 and Office 2007. When you save an Office document, and endeavor to go back and open it and save it the entire in excess of again it tells you by means of the intention of "Document not Saved". You encompass save the file locally and then shift it back at a presently time. It in addition comes into view that the generated tmp files are not being eliminated. If I retry to save as the entire in excess of again it determine to be successful on regarding the 2 or 3 or 4 endeavor. When its fails it generates A.tmp file in the folder on the network drive. I am saving the communication in Outlook message format. This tribulations is by means of 2 innovative out of the box Dell PC’s by means of the following arrangement Dell PC, Windows 7, Outlook 2007 by means of SP2, the entire most recent Windows updates. I encompass reinstalled Outlook more than a small number of times do not create dissimilarity; I have generated innovative Outlook profiles similar tribulations.

Re: What to do to move office files on a network

This Outlook interface error occurs on each Dell PC out of the box Windows 7 32bit when endeavor to save a communication as a.msg file to a network drive, tranquil in search of a fix. Any takers. This is a big transaction. I have encompassed been fighting this tribulations for months. I have encompassed replaced the server, reinstate the switch, replaced desktops, no errors in several event logs. The tribulations existed by means of Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 server, Exchange 2007, Windows 2008. My users time subsequent to time get this communication. Subsequent to regarding the third for fourth endeavor, the message determine to save. What is up by means of this does anybody encompass several respond. This is tranquil an open issues, I endeavor saving to dissimilar servers, the tribulations exist additional probable when saving to a Windows 2003 server.

I am essentially receiving the exact identical issue by means of Outlook 2010 when saving communication to a network share on a server 2003 system. I get the subsequent pop-up on user apparatus the operation failed. The messaging interfaces have encompassed come back an unknown error. If the tribulations persists, restart Outlook. I observe no errors or correlating events in the submission, System or sanctuary Logs on the apparatus. I imagine this is a legitimate bug. I encompass and installed a diminutive network in our office. I have comprised 2008 server and the entire the workstation are working with windows 7 and office 2007. Saving files to the file server commencing Office is sluggish. Several additional application runs extremely well. File copy works extremely well as well, extremely fast. I have comprised one windows XP and by means of the intention of is fast as well. This merely occurs by means of windows 7 and office 7 saving files to the network.

I have comprised and encompassed two systems, one by means of Windows ME and one with Windows XP. My files are on the WinME system and the directory is mapped to the XP apparatus, by means of full have right of entry and no password. Utilizing moreover Word or Excel, if I open a file, then edit the file, I be able to save it by means of no tribulations, as long as I do not change the filename. If I moreover edit the file, or do not create any changes at the entire, and then endeavor to do a Save As, then utilize a dissimilar filename, I get the communication The folder F:\document name.do not is not available. The folder might be located in an engaged location, prevented by means of a password, or filename contains a / or \. I in addition locate by means of the intention of if I open a document, do a select the entire, then copy the text, then paste it into an innovative document, and I tranquil get the equivalent error communication when I endeavor to save it.

I have encompassed a client PC working with Windows 2000 SP4 and Word 2003 (immediately inaugurated as part of Office 2003). Whenever the user endeavors to save documents to our network drive they receive the error communication: An error happened at the same time as reconnecting T: to \\W2kdocserver\Filing Microsoft Windows Network: The local apparatus name is previously in utilized. This correlation has not been restored. Subsequent to hitting it off OK to this communication three times the document is ultimately saved. The server she is saving the document to is working with Windows 2000 Server SP3. Anybody have several idea what most of them be able to do to stop this. So, if I decide a defaulting location I be able to save extremely well, additional than if I desire to open a specific folder in My Documents or on desktop or anyplace else, it crashes. It occurs the entire the time. I have encompassed office 2003 on Windows 2000 SP4 and I encompass the entire the updates and patches for together Windows and Office.

First, I have comprised and become aware of by means of the intention of some additional programs (such as Appleworks) determine to not let you open a document by means of the intention of an additional user previously has open. Additional programs (such as TextEdit) determine to let you open the file, additional than they determine to warn you if the file has been updated by an additional utilize subsequent to you opened it. Word 2004 does not seem to do moreover. Finally, this merely happens if I open a file by means of the intention of previously exists in the shared folder. If I save an innovative file to a shared folder, the Temporary Items folder does not come into view. I had immediately upgraded commencing Office XP to Office 2003 and become aware of by means of the intention of I not be able to save the innovative RTF files to our network drive as well as I not be able to open existing RTF files commencing our network drive.