Thread: How to protect WiFi wireless network

How to protect WiFi wireless network

I have finally home WLan. Now, I have often read that others can dial into my Netwerk. Now I would therefore like my WiFi network protect yourself. Could you tell me how I can make this the best. So if you know related to this issue that how am I able to fix this then please help me as soon as you can do it. I just want to thanks you guys in advance.

Re: How to protect WiFi wireless network

Wireless Local Area Networks - The protection of wireless Internet networks - so-called WLAN or Wireless Local Area Networks - is actually more important. This for two reasons:
    1. About unprotected WLANs can Unauthorized outside without your knowledge to files, folders, programs, or just use it to access sensitive data on your computer.
    2. unauthorized persons can easily access your internet connection and so do not go at your expense to the Internet, but also reduce the performance of your Internet connection felt.

In this I know little bit I will try to help you. First, you should encrypt the communication between the so-called Access Point (AP), the access point or wireless LANs, and the connected authorized computers. First, you must configure the AP. Grab it within the manual of your router or according to the specifications of your Internet provider to the access point. Normally, these are a standard IP address 123.456.7.8 in the format that is defined by each manufacturer. With the also depending on the manufacturer (3Com, Dell, D-Link) different access To access the configuration of your AP. The login data can usually be found also in the installation instructions provided by your Internet access. Search through the menu, the encryption options. Common menu found the appropriate settings in general. It depends on the hardware you have to choose between WEP and WPA encryption mechanisms. The format WPA is generally considered safe. However, you should check before the election, that supports both your router and all wireless cards, the computer this form of encryption.

Thanks for the notes which you have given in your reply but here I want to say that even wifi but I am not able to even configure it correctly if I set the encryption and so on then I'm not into the net as I can the assessment of the situation for me now I get somehow not indicate the that's hellish work And I must protect my router actually. So I just want to thank you one more time.

Firstly I have also faced this kind of issue then I have start it like this so if you want then you can go for this like this way 1. Stick the basic configuration I get out but only with the usb wifi stick 2. When I WEP encryption uses the wants I cannot dial it remains on the monitor are the red x and I do not then continue and then set the router back to factory setting 3. If I want to hide the SSID is nothing more (but has nothing to do because I have not my isp or the router) 4. I cannot even assign a separate ssid which means that it remains the "default" The end of the song is I think I'm open to all the only thing I use for time is the win-firewall I do not even get the PCMCIA card is configured, if so then I only have the speed of a dsl4000er and not 6000 if you can help me with the few things that would be good so I'm at least somewhat protected.

Actually here I want some of the information from your side so if you can then it will be great relief for me and I can try to help you in a better way. Ok, give me time but the following details: 1. Operating System 2. Used WLAN software (Windows-own? Alternative?) 3. Router Model 4. WEP itself chosen or default? 5. Provider? 6. How do you access the router?