Thread: Comodo is better than zone alarm pro firewall

Comodo is better than zone alarm pro firewall

I am having an internet connection on my Microsoft windows XP operating system. I wanted to secure my system so that it goes a long way and gives better performance. For security purpose I installed Zone alarm pro firewall. Firewall protects our system from the incoming traffic from the internet. I wanted to know if the Zone alarm pro firewall can secure my system. I wanted to know about some other firewall if available that can protect my system.

Re: Comodo is better than zone alarm pro firewall

A firewall is an imaginary wall between the computer system and internet. Firewall protects the system from the incoming traffic coming from internet. These incoming traffic coming from the internet contains virus, malware etc which can damage your system. Zone alarm pro firewall is a personal firewall developed in the zone lab. It is usually used for protecting the system from intrusion and also monitor on the program which create an outbound connection.

Comodo is one of the firewall which is also used for protecting the system. The Comodo firewall protects your system from internet attacks, control what programs or files you are running on your system, prevent malware from entering into the system. It is very easy to use and provides information whenever any malware is detected. We don’t have to do complex configuration for setting Comodo firewall. Easy and attractive graphical user interface which helps in improving the performance of the system. The installation of Comodo firewall is very easy. After the installation the system will restart and you can scan your system. Scanning of system is done fast rather than other antivirus programs. The system requirements of Comodo firewall is as follows:
    • Platform: Windows7/Vista/XP SP2
    • RAM: 128 MB or more
    • Hard disk: 250 Mb or more

I have successfully installed Comodo firewall on my vista platform and also I have an antivirus program with the latest updates. I am regularly using my facebook and orkut account. Is there a possibility that my system can be victim of virus attack? I need to know about some of the security tips while browsing across the internet.

You need to follow the tips given below for protecting the system from virus attack while browsing across the internet.
    1. The operating system has an inbuilt firewall. While browsing across the internet that inbuilt firewall should be turned on.
    2. You should update your operating system with the latest update. Latest updates are available on the website of operating system.
    3. You should have an antivirus program running on the system with the latest updates.
    4. You should never open an unknown email attachment.
    5. You should scan songs, games etc before downloading.
    6. Your browser should be updated.

To protect the computer system across the virus, malware and also threats from the internet you can use Norton Internet Security. Norton Internet Security is an antivirus program that has been developed in such way that it can provide security across the internet. It was developed by Symantec Corporation. When it detects a malware or some unwanted program then it automatically removes. It has an inbuilt firewall, e-mail spam filtering etc. Norton Internet Security can be installed on any platform and is easily configure.