Thread: Web Utility Cannot Be Connected On the WRT54G Router

Web Utility Cannot Be Connected On the WRT54G Router

I just got a new router connection and was working properly working until now I don't know what problem is there with it but it started causing problems these days. I have set-up a WRT54G Router on a small network without any any problem and used a small area for the router connection and ip set-up. But suddenly what happened I don't know I just cannot access the web-utilities. Please suggest me solutions for this as the web-utilities are important for me.

Re: Web Utility Cannot Be Connected On the WRT54G Router

I think that you are talking about the Linksys router interface menu that is basically used for the web-utilities purpose. And also you can try the connection with the use of the wireless or the Ethernet that will help you get the web-utilities and get it added to the files that are present in it. And see whether you are connecting the router using a wireless LAN and the configuration set-up if your using of the 192.168.1.1. If you try and set-up the settings properly it should work for you.

Try power cycling the router because it happens that the browser gets gummed up with the ad-ware. Also clear all the temp and cookies files of the internet and try the test with the files that are present in the browser. You can get the details from the browser that you are using that will be of the Firefox or the Opera Mini. And also see whether the Internet Explorer is gummed with any of this things or not.

Also make sure that the settings that are made for the routers are perfectly made or not and also see that the details of the connections that are made through the routers are well feed in it. The router should be able to keep all the log details that will help to get the details of the connections that are made by it and will show you whether any of the harmful connection was made so that might have led to the disabling of the web-utilities.

If you have got the knowledge of the IP address 192.168.1.1 and your computer must have the same range of the IP that is ranging from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254 and can use the same mask of the subnet. The connection can be done by using the Ethernet cable so the mistakes regarding the wireless networks is avoided. And also the details of the ping of the computer address 192.168.1.1 and the deatils should be good for this.