Thread: Wireless N adapter not connecting with Windows 7

Wireless N adapter not connecting with Windows 7

Hello friends, I had currently installed Windows 7 on to my Athlon 1100 computer. My system is having the dual boot system the other boot is with Windows XP. I am having the issue with my wireless network. On to my system I am having the D-Link DWA-542 Range Boosters “N” Wireless PCI adapter and also have the router of D-Link. When I connect my router to the”N” only Windows 7 unable to connect to my router. But when I connect it with windows XP it connects. Windows 7 shows the adapter as a DWA-542 RangeBooster "N" Wireless PCI Adapter and says it has the latest driver. When I set my router to the G & N it get connects at the 54 Mbps. I've been though all the settings and can't find one that enables or disables "N". As new to the Windows 7 I am finding it hard to find. Please help what I can do.

Re: Wireless N adapter not connecting with Windows 7

The problem might be there with the drivers for the network adapter on the computer. Update your drivers, for updating it first click on the start windows, in that go to the search option and type the Device Manager, in the Device Manager expand the Network Adapters, after it right click on the Network Adapter, go to the properties, in properties go to the Drivers Tab, then click on to the update Drivers and click OK. What happens let me know. If still the issue persist than I will suggest you to install the latest drivers for the manufacturer’s website and check.

Follow this procedure:
    1) Go to the Device Manager, in that go to Network Adapter > previously disabled "Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter
    2) Update the driver software by right clicking it and then Browse my computer for driver software
    3) Pick from the List of device drivers from my computers
    4) remove the selection from "Show compatible hardware"
    5) From manufacturer select the "Atheros Communications Inc."
    6) from Network Adapter select the "Atheros AR5008 Wireless Network Adapter (Microsoft)"
    7) click yes after clicking the next option.
    now the connection may get start

Update the Windows 7 or Check whether your Firmware is up to date on to the router. I do have very same problem with my vista operating system. But I managed to get the N adapter work by continuously changing some of the channel scanning modes. Also try to find the new driver for the card with the help of the Windows update. Try to turn the router off and then reconnect back in the windows 7.

80211n adapter does not affect the internet speed. 80211g is very capable of more than your internet connection too. If I set the access point to N mode and g client connects automatically to the adapter to the g mode for all of the clients. Even if I only have the N adapter, it will function only in to the g mode if and only if the g client is connected at the similar time. It is best for you to set the adapter to the auto mode.