Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-11-2010

How to access software on a server

Hey Guys I need your help regarding access software on server. I have 5 computer?s one server four client. I have back office software installed on the server but the problem is that I have not installed this software on client computer. I want to know whether I can use client machine to access back office software. Can I locate the package from the server and edit information on it? If it?s possible please let me know.
Old 23-11-2010

Re: How to access software on a server

Sometimes client machine can act as both client and server. It?s up to server whether it is providing resources to client machine. If server is providing resources to client machine than it can act as Server but if server is not providing those special resources to client than it will only act as client machine. In both, Client and Server Operating system software are different as they have different requirement. Operating system such as Vista has limited number of network connections which results client machine cannot do anything. In this case only server machine can edit it.
Old 23-11-2010

You are right my friend but I will explain in easier manner. If a client machine wants to access the software on server machine, client machine must have that resource provided by server machine. One more important thing that user on client machine must know that server always runs on a specific port, If a user on client machine wants to access a server he/she must send that request to that port, if the server accepts that request client machine can access through it but if it doesn?t accept it will act as client machine only. One more important thing one must also know the IP address and port in which it is running.
Old 23-11-2010

If you have installed visual source safe server , it will contain software and also provide services by source control packages to run in third party program. The server has a control on a database. Database is stored on server drive that is accessible to all the visual source clients. Server machine can act as a workstation if you install visual source safe client software. By installing this software on your client machine one can easily access the database stored on the server.
Old 23-11-2010

Before installing client tools we must have to know what is the basics requirement.
The minimum hardware requirement for X1 3.1 Client tools is as follows:
Processor 2.0 GHz Pentium 4-class processor
RAM 2 GB
Hard disk space availability (without language pack):
6.75 GB for BusinessObjects Enterprise patch install
2.0 GB for BusinessObjects Enterprise Client patch install
0.4 GB for BusinessObjects Live Office patch install

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,