Thread: Linksys wireless router Nat settings

Linksys wireless router Nat settings

I am annoying to put the NAT on my router to open as a result that I can make use of my Xbox 360 to its fullest. At present I am receiving messages from the Xbox saying that my NAT is situate at moderate. How do I do this? Do I have to setup a DMZ on the router and allocate a static IP address for the Xbox? If so is this simple to do? Please provide some info because really not understood what to do next and how to do? Some help with this stuff would be grandly welcomed.

Re: Linksys wireless router Nat settings

How much I know about this issue I am must trying to help you. This the same issue held with my friend, I don’t remember more but how much I know I must tell you. So just check this may this will solve your problem and take you out from this problem. If you are containing problem with your Xbox Live connection, then it may be a NAT configuration matter with your router. To secure it, setup your Xbox 360 with a static IP address, and after those forward ports 88 and 3074 to that IP address.

I am not actually expecting too much people to endeavor and lacerate or in simple word if I am say then hack my 360 though you surely do have a point. Does having a DMZ interfere with extra port forwarding? If so, it might be the reason of my current torrent troubles though earlier than my latest computer torrents where all right with a DMZ on my 360. I think I require to do extra investigate on DMZ I feel as awful as I normally peddle my security quite a bit. I have mortified for myself.

First off all, allow me to say that my Xbox live account has been working perpetually; only making certain that you know I am not dishonest to anyone. I am at present running a Cisco 2611 with automatic access lists on every interface permitting not anything inbound. On the other hand, I do let the whole thing outbound. I have had extremely no troubles. I utilize a strange Nat address on the inside, but other than that, not anything is out of the ordinary. I was using a Linksys up until I acquired my fresh NM-1e for the 2700 afterward reinstated the Linksys with that.

If you have firewall or network hardware, like a router, you might require building a configuration modifies in order for your Xbox 360 console to communicate with Xbox LIVE. This configuration modify is occasionally called opening ports or port forwarding. Xbox LIVE needs the below ports to be open:
    1. Port 88 (UDP)
    2. Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    3. Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    4. Port 80 (TCP)

If you are connected to a network through your workplace or school, inquire the network administrator to release the over ports used by Xbox LIVE. If you obtain a NAT caution while connecting to Xbox LIVE, please contact Microsoft.