Thread: Acquiring network address error while connect with Wi-Fi

Acquiring network address error while connect with Wi-Fi

I have a difficulty with my laptop. I cannot appear to connect to my wireless router at my home. I perceive the strong signal and put in the accurate password key, but then also I perceive is "Acquiring network address." I had one more laptop using a PCMCIA Wireless card and could not connect. So at initial I implicit it was the router issue, and after that I just purchased a brand new router. After that it still does not work and gives me the similar message. Actually my laptop is newer. I have no idea what the trouble is. It only keeps trying to connect eternally and eternally, has that same message "Acquiring network address." I read on a few posts that it could be a DHCP issue? I have no idea how to fix that. Anyone have any idea or opinion about this then please!!! Or anyone have any other opinion or any other solution for this then must reply with smooth language.

Re: Acquiring network address error while connect with Wi-Fi

This can frequently be a problem with security encryption. There may be a incorrect key typed or the client adaptor does not sustain the encryption used. To attempt and resolve this primary modify the SSID on your AP so your laptop will be obligatory to generate a fresh profile. After that set security to basic WEP 64bit and endeavor to connect once more. Modernize the wireless adaptors drivers. If you have some third party Firewalls, attempt and for the moment immobilize them to make certain they are not blocking it.

I have only come crossways your reply to himeshRES's difficulty. I don't know if it permanent this but it was definitely the respond to me, so I have had to register to say a large thanks to you. With no folk like you, who are equipped to contribute to your knowledge generously, folk like me would still be exchanging a few words via illustration on fissure walls!

I really don't suppose or just don’t believe I have to index to voice my anticipation that I got my laptop to go wireless. But here goes ok later than reading too much blogs, forums and many more things on the difficulty, and having tried the whole thing. My laptop could not go wireless by the way I am not extremely excellent with networking and technological matter, just describe me as a newbie, it did go wireless earlier than absolutely, but at the present it gives me Acquiring network address, and connectivity status: Strong. But thank god for friend who came at my home, who affirmed the understandable. The trouble was that my laptop was transport an out of date wireless card, or adapter, still works flawlessly but is not well-matched with the fresh wireless router. Fresh wireless router or more up to date wireless routers take many latest features, which my old wireless card cannot access. Therefore, one resolution or clarification to limit the new features on the wireless adapter, to make it compatible with your wireless card or get an update wireless card or adapter. I hope this must help you to solve your problem.

I am having the similar issue, but I am not certain how to modify the SSID name as previously recommended. While I click on properties for my network the name below SSID is grayed out. The ones I can alter are Network Authentication at present set to WPA-PSK and Data encryption which at present set to TKIP. My wireless network was working all right and after that went on holiday for some day. While I motorized things back up, I have been receiving the Acquiring Network Address loop which shows the mode to Limited or no Connectivity.