Thread: Best Wireless Card for Desktop

Best Wireless Card for Desktop

Hi friends, currently I am installing wireless network and I am using the wrt54g/gs Linksys router. It is the best wireless router for the SOHO network. Wireless cards driver is being currently having the large bugs. I always go to site to have the most updated one. I have also used d-link, netgear, belkin, Linksys, and smc wireless adaptors. Various 802.11g usb and pci models from all companies. I usually make use of the Mac address, WEP, WPA-PSK encryption method on all the routers I installed. The problem here is that the wireless card is performing the stability problem on my computer. It is really affecting my system. Other computer it works well but creating problem on my system. I want to know the whether someone having the problem with wireless card. What can I do to work it well or suggest me other best desktop wireless card

Re: Best Wireless Card for Desktop

I think that the best wireless card so far is the 200mW engenius eub-362 ext. it is the wireless USB adapter, you can plug it in and place it away from the desktop. It provides you the best signal. It also has the good vista drivers for x32 and x64 bits. If you want to use the PCI card then it has the problem. The case is that it will block the signal and also reduce the range and the quality of the connection; it may also cause the stability problem with the computer when it becomes too hot. Engenius eub-362 ext is the good wireless card compare to other cards.

Convert your desktop system in to the wireless system. For it you need to install and configure the wireless desktop card to use it with the wireless router. Your wireless network card will communicate with the router at the remarkably faster speed that you would never thought about it. You’ll need to get one that works at the same speed as your wireless router and that will have the same coverage. For the network to function, you will also need to install networking software. The wireless desktop card will allow you to do away with cable. Today most of the laptops already come with the wireless network card , but you can still turn your older one into being wireless and similar wireless cards will do the same to make your desktop computer wireless too.

As per my opinion you make use of the PCI 802.11n card. It may be the good idea to have the same make as that of the router. It is also depends on your personal computer location, if it is the room or the floor away from the router then have the directional antenna for $20 and point it at the router. And also the simple installation process does not install the complex wireless networking software which is available with the some adapters form the branded companies such as Linksys and Netgear. also you can make use of the good quality of USB as suggested by "Addie"

Use USB or the PCI wireless card, it depends on the configuration you have and if you have an open slot then I found the PCI as the best one as long you will not have the no compatibility issues or the some IRQ problems. USB is sometime problematic and incompatible. I has found that having the card and the router from the same manufacturer is the best such as the Belkin. I had tried with the mixing brands such as Linksys, Airlink, Cisco besides Belkin and had trouble with it. But not have the problem with the Belkin because the card and the router is of same manufacturer.