Thread: Wireless N router connection with Wireless N repeater

Wireless N router connection with Wireless N repeater

moment ago we decided that it was time to upgrade our wireless network at home for newer, faster equipment - our old system was about 5 years old, and did not work as I am expecting. I bought a Belkin N Wireless Router, expecting the increased range to be more than good enough to replace our old router and the additional wireless access point we used as a Repeater. Three of our four computers can get the signal with no problem, but my main computer cannot. This computer has a new N Network Adapter that came along with the router. It says 'Limited or no connection' when I try to connect to our network. The router is three floors above, but we estimated the N to be tough sufficient. So, my question is that what is the best way for this computer to get a good connection? I am happy to add in a Range Extender or buy a better Network Adapter, or anything else. I did just like to obtain a good connection speed from our new router on this computer. If I was to buy a Range Extender, is the Belkin G Range Extender compatible with an N Router?

Re: Wireless N router connection with Wireless N repeater

I would have waited a bit on the 802.11n myself. It is not up till now approved as a standard but should be with the end of the 1st quarter of this year. Mostly this means as long as it is not a standard; you cannot be expecting special vendors equipment to effort in somebody's company. So with the intention to give of answers of your last question, "If I was to buy a Range Extender, is the Belkin G Range Extender compatible with an N Router?" whereas it may possibly work, there is no assurance it will. In addition if you use a G extender, you boundary yourself to conversing at G as a replacement of N.As much as I realize, N give for higher bandwidth than it is predecessors however that does not mean it has a stronger signal. That depends on the radio itself of course. The actuality is, you will have to utilize an extender or AP to get a strong sufficient signal to your one computer. as you already contain an AP, why do not you just utilize it to check and see if that does not get better your signal power. If it does, you be able to look at buying a wireless N access point to swap with the G access point you at this moment have.

Your description of "three floors above" does not sound too good. Have you experimented through the antenna orientation? The little 2dB antenna(s) on the support of the router broadcasts and receives the WiFi signals in a turoid fashion. To imagine this, imagine of slipping a doughnut above the antenna with the antenna sticking through the doughnut is whole. The signal is emanating out from the antenna in a 360 degree circle at right angles to the antenna post. There is about zero signals being emitted out the top and bottom ends of the antenna. So, if your PC is "three floors below" the router, or even simply one floor directly below the router, it is not in a fine orientation to send and receive to the router antenna. The resources in the creation of your floors can moreover be blocking or absorbing the signal, but it would not hurt to experiment with re-orientating the antennas on the router and computer to notice what occur.

Hey dude even I want a little bit help from you, I have a D-Link wireless N router, its model number is DIR-655. Every PC in my house is utilizing wireless N adapters. I would like to attach a wireless N repeater to the system so I will be able to have a better signal out in my shop. Can anybody advise a good wireless N repeater? I have seen a only some repeaters however every ones speeds are pretty slow and how will I get an instant boost to my wireless signal strength .Thank you for your time.

Due to the irregularities in the N standards, I do not think that there is anybody brave sufficient to produce an N range extender so far. Still if there is single, the probabilities of it working properly at top performance unless each piece of equipment is from the similar manufacturer are pretty slim. There are lots of others out there, several available on Ebay. I believe several of the name brand vendors might make one or two as well, check the Linksys site. The RWR model above, I utilize it is higher power, and may in reality work as a AP Client as an alternative of a repeater since it has a stronger signal. If it does work in your location, you can just place it close to your computer and just run an ethernet cable to it. Otherwise, put it between the two and run it in WDS mode.

yes I am agree with whatever he is saying Wireless repeaters allow you to expand your wireless network range with no need of requiring you to include any cabling. To do instant boosting you just need to put the wireless repeater halfway among your wireless access point and your computer after doing this you will get an instant boost to your wireless signal strength. Check out the wireless repeaters from ViewSonic, D-Link, Linksys, and Buffalo Technology.