Thread: TCP Optimizer for beginners

TCP Optimizer for beginners

I require some information about TCP optimizer because I am fresher I mean I am completely new in this. I just want to know that what is TCP Optimizer how its work and also some requirement which I useful to know TCP Optimizer very well. Any information about TCP Optimizer must accept and I must give the vote of thanks for any incoming information.

Re: TCP Optimizer for beginners

The TCP Optimizer is a free, simple Windows program which offers an instinctive interface for tuning and optimizing your Internet connection. There is no installation necessary, just download and run. The program can abet both the beginner and the superior user in tweaking linked TCP/IP parameters in the Windows Registry, creation it simple to tune your system to the type of Internet connection used. The tool uses advanced algorithms, and the bandwidth impediment product to find the top TCP Window for your precise connection speed. It offers for simple tuning of all associated TCP/IP parameters, such as MTU, RWIN, and even advanced ones like QoS and ToS prioritization. The program works with all present versions of Windows, and contains extra tools, such as testing average latency over multiple hosts, and finding the major probable packet size that is MTU.

The TCP Optimizer is a program intended to offer a simple, innate interface for tuning TCP and IP associated parameters in the Windows Registry. It takes into account all correlated RFCs, the Microsoft TCP/IP accomplishment peculiarities confirms all Registry locations for the similar TCP/IP parameters, just ads the essential Registry parameters, and in general aids in making the entire tweaking for speed experience a breeze.

If you do not feel like reading the whole documentation underneath, or you merely require the tweaks currently, with no expenditure time in learning the meaning of all those settings, you can make use of the Optimizer by following this short information:
    1. Select your highest Connection Speed from the slider bar the greatest obtainable bandwidth, in kilobits per second
    2. Select your Network Interface, or make sure to adjust every Network Adapters
    3. choose optimal settings from the radio buttons
    4. Click on the Apply changes button and reboot

The Optimizer can do every of the remaining for you. The fresh version of the program contains a appetizer of all alters later than hitting the Apply changes button and earlier than really editing the Windows Registry.

I have some General setting of TCP optimizer. TCP Receive Window: This buffer is the lone the majority of vital thing in tweaking your TCP/IP parameters. A little RWIN value limits your utmost throughput, one much superior than desirable by your connection can have an unenthusiastic consequence on your connection also. I have some history on RWIN, and all the deliberations in selecting an optimal value. In the beginning, while the TCP protocol was developed, there were just 16 bits in the TCP header reserved for the size of this buffer, permitting for an utmost value of 65535, if you start counting from 0. With quicker high latency networks this value confirmed inadequate, and RFC 1332 introduced extra TCP Options, permitting for superior RWIN values. It is proficient by bit shifting, or increasing the unique RWIN value equal to 65535 bytes in the TCP header by a scale factor, power of 2.