Thread: Want to reduce the range of the signal by wireless router

Want to reduce the range of the signal by wireless router

Hey man I have such problem that I can’t surf the internet like my need. I have computer that really works better but the only thing is that I can’t surf on the internet as fast as I have a net plan. I have system that simply works under Microsoft Windows XP Pro operating system, has a RAM about 4GB, 500GB hard drive, Intel i5 processor. I have wired network connection at home with 4MBPS speed broadband, but want to set wireless router for my bedroom, I want to do this because NINTENDO WII and the DS feature that can I connect to the internet. I also have USB connector setup for the NINTENDO WII, but the thing is that I want to turn off the computer for the connection. Because of all this reason I want any wireless router but also want to know that how to reduce the speed of network. I want to secure my network because through wireless network anyone can get the access to my network. Is there is any one has an information about this kind of solution. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Want to reduce the range of the signal by wireless router

The wifi connection is the mechanism from which anyone can get access to your network easily. This is the strong technology by which you can get range of the network access freely. You could buy the router that will allow you to reduce the transmit power this means you can reduce the signal strength over the distance. Just go with this you might get satisfy and get the better output, and you must able to surf your internet fast as per your need.

First thing that I want to tell you that no one can get direct access in your network. After installing the router you must secure your net internet by putting the PASSWORD. If the unknown user has your password then only he can get your network access but without password no one can get access in your network. So don’t afraid just buy a new router and enjoy its facilities, I hope this might help you to come out from this kind of mess.

Hey you have a program by which you get the security for your Wifi connection. For this you can use Wi-Fi protected access (WPA) which is the program developed by the Wifi company that normally indicate the security protocol, to make your wireless network very secure. The other thing is that no one can get proper access to your network till he has you password, which is set by yourself. So don’t think any more just buy brand new router by you can surf internet with high speed.

--- I would like to recommend that you just buy router without any fear, I know that wireless router transmits full range but you can slow down it speed or you can’t allow any unknown user to use your network. For this you have do small change in your system, just disabled your SSID (Service set identifier) and put it to default mode, by doing this it make some stress to unknown user to find your network to connect. I have only this solution for your network problem.

Till the user has your router connection password, he will access your internet, but without the password this unknown user not getting in your network connection. You can’t decrease the speed but this is sure that if one’s it comes in your network you just banned its IP address by the router setting. After banning the IP address, this particular user never gets the connection to your network, till you remove is from the router setting. So don’t worry this is very secure try it, this might make you happy.

---- After the network connection just disabled the SSID setting, this will help you to prevent from the unknown user access. After disabling SSID, it makes difficulty to the unknown user to access your network. You can use WPA2 which is made by the Wi-Fi Alliance, this gives you the great security over its protocol, it has Temporal Key Integrity Protocol, which is basically made for the wireless computer network. So don’t be afraid just try this solution, this will fulfills your requirement.