Thread: Connect a Desktop to a Cell Tower with no phone

Connect a Desktop to a Cell Tower with no phone

I am using desktop computer at my home in which i am using wireless connection for accessing the internet. But i want to connect to the near network tower which is near to my home but i am not using there network. That means that i am nit having their service in my phone, so i want to connect to the tower and use their wireless connection in my desktop. I anyone have any idea regarding this please let me know i don't know if it is really possible.

Re: Connect a Desktop to a Cell Tower with no phone

I don't think it is possible to access the wireless network of the network provider if you are not using the service from them. You need to the NIC card that is network interface card to access the network and you need to have the service from network provider they will provide you with the account and the password then after you can have the access to internet in your desktop computer.

Yes you can connect the wireless internet to your wireless desktop but for that you need to have the legal account with the provider and follow some steps to connect it to desktop:
    1.You need to have the PCI adapter in order to obtain every communication from the router.
    2.Just switch off the computer and detach from power. Open your computer and locate the
    Set the PCI slot on the motherboard.
    3.When you are able to find a free PCI slot just take out the metal casing plate on the case for putting in the PCI face.
    4.Now you can mount the Wireless PCI adapter but you need to take away the antenna before installing the adapter.
    5.You have to fit the adapter tightly after that close the case and arrange everything back in.
    6.Now you need to install the network card driver that came with the adapter, install that to your system and it will be capable of identifying the fresh device automatically.

Yes you can connect to the cell tower which near you without the cell phone. There are lots of devices in the market which provide you with the wireless connection to use in your desktop computer. Now you don't need to have the phone to access the cell tower because most of the cellular companies can up with the USB data card which provide wireless internet in your desktop computer. But for that you need to pay the usage charges as per the company service, so you can go for the connection without the phone.