Thread: How to use dual network interfaces with two internet connections

How to use dual network interfaces with two internet connections

I have recently purchased a macbook air in which I have two network interfaces and also I have connected them to the separate ISP’s from which one is COX and the other is AT&T. Because of this facility I can switch among then in the system preferences and also after disconnecting one of them the other one should takes over the first one. I need this two internet connection from which I need one for doing network demanding stuffs such as my Mozy endorsement, uploading videos to YouTube, and P2P applications and the other one for the normal I mean daily internet surfing. I have done a lot of research for this and find that I have to bind the application to the network interfaces so that I could be able to bind the Mozy, Firefox, and broadcast to one and use chrome & skype on the other. Does anybody be familiar with of any applications that would permit me to bind applications to system interfaces on the mac?

Re: How to use dual network interfaces with two internet connections

As you are getting the issue in binding the application in the network connection of the Mac which has dual internet connection. I think you should to check that you might be using the gateway which might be default gateway. So I would like to tell you to remove the default getaway which you are using in the network connection. I am not sure but I think this might be a solution for the issue you are getting. Try doing this.

I think this might be occurring due to you are using same IP for the internet access to both the ports. This is not allowing you to bind the application in the system. So I think you should use different static IP’s on the both system. I think this might be helpful to get the desired solution for the problem. After using this you might be able to bind the application.

I think you should try using a better IP address an also a subnet for your restless internet connection. And also use a gateway if you have so that it will help your system to get the Google and other things are. I am assuming that your DHCP to the connection is 192.168.x.0 and also have an address to the sub-net is 255.255.255.0. At the place of the x you can use any number and also remember that do not use this to the wired connection and also do not set a gateway. This will stop the system to use the restless connection to access the internet. I think this will help you to get the desired solution for the problem.