Thread: WAMP server with Windows XP

WAMP server with Windows XP

I am very new to working with web-server. I set up a WAMP connection in my server, which I am running under my windows XP running machine. Which is works fine with the LAN connection, I can easily access my files of my computer on the network, and the problem is that I am not able to access the file from outside, is there any way to connect with my network from outside? Anyone having any information regarding this? Any suggestion will be appreciated..

Re: WAMP server with Windows XP

I think form the network where from you are trying to access the network; this might be out of the LAN coverage area. Also this problem is might be for the browser that you are using, go to the browser tool menu option and then proceed to setting option. Look for the option which is as “Work Offline”, make sure that the option is unchecked. This option is allowed the user to access the internet service from the outside, to uncheck this service you can able to share the files from the outside of the network. I recommend you to go through this option; this might be helping you to access the file of your computer from the outside of the network.

This problem is might be encountered for the firewall that you using in your machine, because this option is also depend in the firewall option of the machine, which contains some of the network access setting. Check the firewall settings for the network access. For that go to the firewall settings window, whatever you are using either the windows firewall or any third party firewall software. Where look for the network tab, where you found the setting option for the access network from outside, make sure the option which is named like access network from outside is checked. Some of the firewall utilities are not allowed you to access the network access from the outside. Try with this; I hope this will definitely help you. Also one more think make sure that the IP address is dynamic, which is same as the you are using from the home network.

I am having the similar issue in my windows vista compatible machine, which running under outlook web access (OWA) for Exchange server 2003. The problem is that I am not able to access OWA from outset network, no problem while I am accessing OWA from my home or office network checked properly for the solution, but found nothing. Is there any having any fix for this issue?

This is issue for the wireless network security, as per my opinion. In the wireless network service security of transmission is always take it as the under consideration. In the wired transmission medium very features of wireless network are make the user convenient with these. By the lass security this can also be hacked, which is happening now a days. So before set up any wireless or wired network service in your machine, make sure that you are using the sufficient security feature for the transmission within the network. This type of the security faults are very much happens in the radio transmission techniques, different types of security features are introducing daily to prevent these problem, but nothing is works. I recommend upgrading the WPA encryption technology in the wireless network service. There is a service which is known as 'toughest to crack', it is basically used to prevent the interrupt during the data transmission via radio waves, this feature is in-build in the network you need to active this one. It is based on the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), which is known as most cutting edge of the encryption standard.