Thread: Cannot be able to Configure Wireless Router with 24Online Cable internet

Cannot be able to Configure Wireless Router with 24Online Cable internet

Have you ever heard about the cable internet with static IP, DNS and Gateway? Yes I have one at my home. It does not require any modem for connection. The Main thing is this cable internet requires username and password for authentication via Elitecore product 24Online and it also required MAC biding. Now my interest is I want configure my connection to D-Link Wireless 150 DIR 600 Router. I tried it also but I didn’t get any result. I even cannot get any ping via router. What is the problem? Any solution for this issue?

Re: Cannot be able to Configure Wireless Router with 24Online Cable internet

As I gone through your problem I seen that your try is not the mad thing. It is a good experiment you have tried. But you should gain a little knowledge or advice from some expert or Service provider to get it worked. I asked my friend about your issue and he suggested me that to call the Service provider of 24online and ask them to reset the MAC which is bound into the connection. After that, when you connect the router, its Mac will be bound in the ISP’s authentication server. I hope that this procedure will work for you.

We use modem to convert the cable signal to Rj45. As your problem concern I think PPPoe connection in it which you have to validate to the isps server before the isp enable you on the internet. So before configuration see that whether your router supports PPPOE or not. Also check supports for its logon information on the LAN or WAN interface. In case you need a connection, your router has to do this authentication.

It seems to me that it is not the problem of wifi router. I think it is something regarding the biding issue. In your router try to bind the PPPoE, static IP, L2PE and LTPE with the duplicate PC’s Mac address. If this thing doesn’t seems to be working then it must be the problem with your D-Link router. You need to contact your D-Link service provider for further help. Have you tried the RJ45 connector?

Before giving instructions for your issue I need some of the settings of your computer. The recommended values which I require is IP ADDRESS, SUBNET MASK, DEFAULT GATEWAY, PREFERED DNS, ALTERNATE DNS, ADVANCE DNS, MAC ADDRESS, DHCP etc. You will need to enter internet type like static, ipaddress, subnet mask, gateway, and dns etc.