Thread: Old system is going through connection timeout

Old system is going through connection timeout

I have been using the desktop PC especially for gaming. Yesterday I have decided to do simple upgrades on my computer. It is running with Intel Pentium 4. My system was giving some network related problems. So I just switch the network card to see what the issue could be. The main issue I was facing is a network connection time out. While this is happening the system will lock up the Explorer and you need to power off the system using the front button of CPU to get out from this. The other issues are when I connect Quake Wars on the network and would not able to connect fully, and tried to install Unreal Tournament 3 and I got errors for data .cab files saying they are corrupted. I tried it nearly 5 times and got the same error. What may fix this issue right now? Should I have to Change my OS or have to do the complete upgrade on my system? I have tried several fixes but failed every time.

Re: Old system is going through connection timeout

It is not the good thing to have several issues in a single computer. I think it is belonging to neither the Hardware nor the OS. It may be the issue of the motherboard drivers. As from background it seems to me that the problem with the storage subsystem. So what the Storage subsystem will do? It handles the Quick Input/Output , in other words shot read and write. But it is not designed to handle the large reads or writes when there is lot of data. Because of this issue you getting recent time out and lock on Explorer.

Before solving any issue you need to analyze your system for errors and failures. By knowing this you will know what exactly the issue is and why it is happening. There are several things you have to test on your computer. They are like Windows Update, Hard Drive Defragment, and Hard Drive Check Disk for errors, Communication network card, Reformat/reinstall Windows, Linux Memtest and use a different hard drive and formatted/installed Windows XP. By testing this you can easily repair your system.

While seeing from outside you may assume that there is nothing with the hardware peripherals and the system programs. But some of the faults are not going to visible that easily. You may upgrade your system peripherals and its drivers and you can also swap the OS. But you cannot get the reason for the issue. The reason is in computer, everything has to go through or pass through the chipsets. If there is something wrong with those chipset or their drivers, it will affect all the stuffs that are connected one another.

If you have problem with the drivers then I advice you that find the VIA service Pack on the internet. The VIA Pack includes drivers for VIA enabled motherboards. Find them install them on you system, it may solve your network related problems. If you don’t have an Ethernet patch, then install it too. The last and the main important thing is to change the internet time. I don’t have much idea about this changing process but someone may help you if you ask them.

The most connection timeout issues are regarding to the time itself. For this issue you need to set the time manually. If you are using the XP, double click on time in the tray or taskbar. Then you will notice a little windows, in that type "time-a.nist.gov". The "time.nist.gov" don’t work right now.
    Internet Explorer imposes a time-out limit for the server to return data. By default the time value is
    Internet Explorer 4.0 and Internet Explorer 4.01-- 5 minutes
    Internet Explorer 5.x and Internet Explorer 6.x-- 60 minutes
    Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8-- 60 minutes