Thread: VPN cannot access to ping

VPN cannot access to ping

I am having a problem with incoming VPN. When from the attempt to enable ISA VPN ISA itself throws me an error that is: "The ISA server can not add this computer to the list of valid remote access servers to Active Directory. Given that this equipment can be used as a server remote access, the administrator must complete this task "-> I searched google I found nothing that could serve me and not know where to start looking to solve this problem. As I passed the error and tried to connect from another network outside the office to the VPN created. I connect successfully, validating the computer, and tells me I am connected to the VPN. It is true that for the ISA show my VPN session. But (everything has a BUT), when I start to browse computers on the network .... will not let me and throws me the error that \\ ip_internal\ share is inaccessible. I did a ping to the IP and / or logical name of the PC and do not look. (In the Active directory I enabled my PC I can be examined from remote access, I gave my user remote access permissions). So, if I am connected to my VPN but I can not browse the network or view the shares == ANYTHING IS NOT ME THIS VPN. Any suggestions?

Re: VPN cannot access to ping

Even I am having the problem similar mentioned above. I tried to connect to a VPN from a client, I followed the tutorial that has happened to make the connection by IPSEC and I could not make the connection. In principle all systems off to check it was nothing inside that is preventing the connection to this VPN. ISA disconnected, the proxy and antivirus then try the connection to the VPN and I returned the same error. "Can not stable connection". I tested with an open Wi-Fi (external to my LAN / WLAN) and if I could connect to that VPN. It may be happening if all the systems I have downloaded and I can not connect to the VPN my client?

When from the attempt to enable ISA VPN, ISA itself throws me an error that is: The ISA server can not add this computer to the list of valid remote access servers to Active Directory. Given that this equipment can be used as a server remote access, the administrator must complete this task. For a user to enter specified VPN must have permission to dial-up. What is telling is that the message could not add the ISA to the group "RAS and IAS Servers". But if as you say then you could connect, it should already be done from a "previous attempt" If you connect to the VPN then that's all good. Another separate issue is that you have created in the ISA rule to allow traffic from the network "VPN Clients" to "Internal", remember that ISA is all refused unless specifically authorized.

I tried to connect to a VPN from a client, I followed the tutorial that has happened to make the connection by IPSEC and I could not make the connection. In principle all systems off to check it was nothing inside that is preventing the connection to this VPN. ISA disconnected, the proxy and antivirus then try the connection to the VPN and I returned the same error. "Can not stable connection".
    IPSec with what type of authentication? remember that you need trusted certificates on both machines for that. In addition IPSec uses two protocols (AH and ESP). The first digitally signs the entire packet including the IP header, and thus when it passes through a "proxy" does not work. It created something to avoid that: NAT-T but was later discovered problems from the standpoint of security which is not very convenient to use, and even the XP2 or 3 (do not remember now) XP disables the NAT-T proxy. Try best to make the PPTP connection if you put a password without any problems.

Thanks for the reply. Permission to dial-up has it added. The ISA server, is listed in the AD, within the RAS and IAS Servers, so I think that everything is correct. But I say that from the error (as I believe that I am not escaping anything), to connect to the VPN, validating the user, authenticated the team, I was registered and CONNECTED status. And the rule of the ISA is created and in order of preference 1 (for if any other rule teasing). So I missed that error, but I must be doing something bad about that, connect connects but .... do not let me browse the network or shared view, or to ping between computers .... One thing I forgot to mention is the definition of networks within the ISA. In ISA -> Settings -> Network -> Internal Network Address = the list that appears for the internal network is: 192.168.150.0 to 192.168.150.199. The VPN server, Routing and Remote Access I created a VPN access which assigns an address to VPN clients from 192.168.150.150 to 192.168.150.155, as if trying to create access to any IP direction embers in the range of internal threw me an error and would not let me continue. Now the question that comes to me is: if the internal network ranges from 200.0 to 200,199 and the VPN client is assigned an address, for example: 1 92168200202, you can explore the network or not? I ask this because if you have something to do, which has an IP address that is outside the internal network range. The DNS and gateway are correct. What could be happening if you let me connect and validated in my domain but will not let me browse the network, does not resolve names of internal PC or to ping?I'd appreciate any suggestions, however small.

I would like to give some clarification. Never configure the RRAS directly, only through the ISA console. ISA RRAS controls and alerts. Conversely no. The VPN network * should * be different from internal. The internal network * must * be shown as a network, not a range. This is 192.168.200.0 to 192.168.150.255. It seems the problem of ISA Server, try ISA - Configuration - Networks - Create a new network rule. Allow: - VPN clients to Internal Network - Route. I think that this will help you.