Thread: Does anyones paypal account is hijacked

Does anyones paypal account is hijacked

When I wake up today in the morning I had got 4 emails commencing from PayPal. The first one pronounce I sent a payment of the entire my money (apart from dollar 1) to somebody I have comprised by no means heard of. Then subsequently 3 emails were the entire for pending e-check payments to the similar person, each for dollar 1,000. Talk regarding a scary morning! Fortunately as I was endeavoring to call customer service an agent called me, become aware of the suspicious activity. It give the impression of being approximating they caught it previous to it. Optimistically it determines to the entire be credited back to my account almost immediately. Has this occurred to anybody else out there what5 you supposed to do at this time.

Re: Does anyones paypal account is hijacked

With the intention of has not occurred to me, additional than I have encompassed to ask you. Have you currently answered an email commencing Paypal telling you your account was hack or regarding to be frozen or eliminated and they asked for you to hit it off on the connection in the email and position the "correct" information in sequence the innovative page. In several email you get commencing paypal they determine to not call you customer, sir, madam, or no matter which else. They determine to position your accurate given name right there in several email they send to you. How do you be familiar by means of the phone call was commencing Paypal and not a hacker. Did you provide them your account numeral in excess of the phone your password. I would acquire on the phone right at present and call their customer service department.

No, I by no means answer individual’s kinds of emails; I am able to stench spam a mile away. Not certain how they hacked it. I be familiar by means of the rep on the phone was PayPal for the reason by means of the intention of it was their numeral. I did not give them any account information in sequence and they had me go into my account and revolutionize my password. Then stayed on the phone by means of me as they position stops on them and as I acquire emails regarding the stops. I just immediately checkered a couple seconds ago and the quantity was credited back to my account. I am glad my account has a zero equilibrium. By means of the intention of was technique too close for comfort. Do you encompass several disgruntled employees working with amuck in your company. You were fortunate. By means of the entire the millions of paypal transactions taking place each day, I am surprised they wedged it so rapidly.

You might do a malware and adware make sure on your system. The majority the time, without anybody acquaintance, if you visit a site, even one with the intention of is ‘trusted’ or downloads a 'trusted' program or no matter which else. The malevolent software, viruses and additional crap are able to be downloaded onto your system and then run in the background of your system in processes or from time to time not even seen in procedure where you by no means become aware of them and they bring together data as usernames and passwords to what sites you visit. I maintain in mind reading a report a a small number of years ago and it was aphorism 1,000's of paypal accounts were hacked commencing Chinese people, who then revolutionize the entire your information in sequence and send money overseas where you by no means observe it the entire in excess of again.

I have comprised and been utilizing PayPal for in excess of 3 years at present, and up until currently I have had no tribulations by means of it. Regarding a month ago I conventional a payment commencing a buyer of dollar 316.00 into my PayPal account, this money was to hang regarding in my Paypal account additional than out of nowhere it stared vigorous back and forth connecting my bank acct and my paypal account. Primary taking out dollar 316 two times, then added one back then in conclusion weeks later an additional. For the reason with the intention of of this I had in excess of dollar 250.00 in overdraft fees with the intention of were owed to my bank. I called PayPal and they told me by means of the intention of my account was almost certainly hacked into.

I have encompassed an old gmail account I utilize primarily for spam, approximating when you encompass to utilize an email to sign up for incredible additional than you be familiar by means of they are immediately going to send you a ton of innovative letters you do not have encompassed time to read, and I infrequently have encompassed time to make sure it several additional. I by no means never email friends or family commencing with the intention of account so I logged in to locate somebody had been emailing people in my address book the entire sorts of crud. I misrepresented the password. A week afterward somebody hacked into my main gmail account. The one I utilize each day for friends, family, and significant a stuff approximating banking. If you maintain your email password something completely different, it create their job of stealing much harder.