| || |
| || |
Join Date: Nov 2008
Re: Steps to make PC/Laptop act as a router
It is possible to make PC as a router. For making router as a PC you need to follow the below steps
- Your PC/laptop should have an inbuilt wireless inside it. If the wireless is not present then you need to buy a wireless USB.
- First set up computer so that it can be connected to the router. Go to Start/ Control Panel/Network Connections. Right click the connection you are currently using to access the internet and go into its properties and click on advanced tab. Check on advanced tab next to “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.
- Now select “Wireless Network Connection” and click on ok button. Return back to network connection. Select properties of Wireless Network Connection and click on Wireless Networks tab.
- Select advanced button and select Computer-To-Computer network. Make sure that check box next to Automatically Connect to Non-Preferred Networks is unchecked.
- Click on add button and enter all the required information. Also network encryption is disabled. Click on bottom right toolbar and connect to wireless connection that was created right now.
- Now you have made your computer act as a router. Now you can use any computer to access the internet wirelessly without a router.