Thread: Problem in accessing network after virus removal

Problem in accessing network after virus removal

I am having HP workstation which is running on Windows XP pro SP3. I scanned the entire system and it detected a fake antivirus as "AntivirSolutionsPro". I removed that. After that when I tried to use the internet with Internet Explorer then I was not able to get access to that. But when I ran the Firefox then it was able to connect. Network diagnostics reported that “Windows could not detect any wired or wireless network cards". I can see the yellow sign on all plug-and-play network adapters in device manager. Please help me to solve this issue. I will be thankful to each and every reply.

Re: Problem in accessing network after virus removal

I think that the internet explorer is looking for the proxy and that is why it is not able to connect to the internet. If you want to check that then you can go to the Tools and select the last option that is Internet Option. This will open a new option Window for Internet with various tabs on it. Select the connections and click on the LAN setting. There you should check that there should not be checked any boxes. If it is checked then uncheck that and save the settings. Restart the browser and see whether it solves the issue or not?

To fix this issue, first of all you have to set the default setting for the Network Adapter. To do that, you can use the Microsoft software. To download that just click on the link below and it will download it. It is a small file about 635 kb.

Click here to download

You should also check that there should not be the yellow advice (!) close to the Network Device in the Device Manager.

Which version of the Internet Explorer you are using? I recommend you to use the Internet Explorer 8. Just download and install this to your computer if you are using the older version of this. I am saying this to you because I was also having the same problem of not connection to the internet and as I switched to Internet Explorer 8 then the problem just went away and I was able to access the internet. Just give it a try and see the result.

There may be the problem with the device manager that is installed in your computer. Either it is not installed properly or some of the files of it is corrupted and that is why you are getting the problem like this. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the device manager and install that again to see the result. I am sure that this will solve the issue if it is related to the device manager.