Thread: How to Prevent Remote Access?

How to Prevent Remote Access?

Hello friend, I am in big trouble here because I had got the abuse notification from my ISP for copy writing. Someone has gained my remote access to my computer without my permission. Someone has remote access of my system and setting up the Bit torrent to download the episode of the TV show. This creating me the big problem, how can I prevent someone from remotely accessing my system as it is the high security risk? I want to know whether there is any way to prevent access from my router. I need to restrict the same user from logging in to remote desktop. Is there any possibility that i can stop peoples for accessing server remotely using remote desktop. Please help so that I can stop this access.

Re: How to Prevent Remote Access?

Better turn off the remote control access, if you still not turn it off then it wills really create the trouble for you. Also configure your router so that your NAT is enabled. Connect router to DSL modem using PPPoE - this can be probably setup in your router's WAN settings, though not ISPs provide you enough information for this to be setup. Also In your profile properties there is a setting for 'allow remote access'. If you are in a Domain you can also set up a domain policy to block it.

I have the couple of place to prevent remote access. 1) First right click on the My computer icon on to the desktop, in that go to the properties option, after that go to the remote Tab. In that Un-tick both the entries and then click OK. And 2) go to the start menu, after go to Run, in that type service.msc. Disable it by right clicking on it. Under that startup type change it to the Disable, and then apply. You can also click the stop button if you want it to stop. Otherwise the disabling will surely take effect on the reboot. When you reached to the routing and remote access, disable secondary log on. It is the big security risk. better try the first option, it is simple to do.

Remote access is the very tool. It allows to view the other persons desktop or someone easily access your own desktop. It allows the user to operate the other computer with the keyboard and mouse. It has the full potential to be exploited by any unauthorized users for illegal purpose. It is good to turn off the Remote Access. To put it off click on to the Start menu on to the desktop and then right click on to the My Computer option, in that go to the properties. In properties go to Remote Tab in the System Properties Window. Remove the tick mark from the Remote Assistance, also remove the tick mark from Remote Desktop and lastly click “Apply”. Keep in mind if the check boxes are not checked then the Remote Assistance is not yet enabled.

You can also make use of the third party software with the multiple user access. The functionality of this application is to disconnect or log out any user that is logged on to your system. Or if you can also make use of the use I'mInTouch remote access software, it is having the much functionality such as it prevents from the remote access, streaming videos, remote presentation, web conferencing, Internet child monitoring, remote email access. Also there are many other software’s that automatically prevents from the remote access. do it fast what ever you want to do, other wise it might create the big issue. you can even try directly try from the computer settings as "Wguy2008" said.