Thread: Cant connect to router

Cant connect to router

I have a Netgear DG834GT wireless router/modem and several PC's on a home network.
    I have no problem accessing internet, nor connecting to other PC's on the network.
    I can ping the modem and get a good return, but when I try to access the modem via its ip address i simple get "page cannot be displayed" or similar.

This only started yesterday after I entered into the modem to check settings but made no alterations, then simply clicked "Logout"

I have emailed Netgear but so far no reponse, any one have any idea's.
    Thanks in advance.
    JA

Re: Cant connect to router

The default ip which is common for most of the router is 192.168.1.1 which everyone knows. Typing this must show you a page of router configuration. Now if that does not work then launch internet explorer and then go to internet option. Then click on security and then again click on trusted sites. In that click on site and click on add. There uncheck on the enable protected mode and again relaunch your browser and check.

Thanks Lemog, I know the ip address of the router but just cannot get access to it, completely puzzled!

Tried all the normal ways and also checked and double checked the router IP but still no joy connecting to it.

I could reset the router and probably be able to get into it with default's but I am running a server from home and have set the router up accordingly. Would mean altering the settings again, but may come to that.

OK , Update...

Landed up setting the router back to default settings was then able to access the modem.
    I then customised the settings to suit my static ip's etc and rebooted.. lo and behold no longer able to access it!...

Repeated both steps several times with same result, but on the final attempt I realised I was putting a wrong digit into one of the settings, corrected that and now all up and running and able to access the modem with no problems.