Thread: Network authentication in Ubuntu

Network authentication in Ubuntu

Having a Dell computer with the Ubuntu environment, I am using the network connection for mainly checking the official emails and any download or visiting any web site for the official purpose. The problem is that from the some days I am facing so many problems while I visit vivid sites in my machine some of them are required to authorize network authentication. Actually I have no such idea about this, so is there any one having some information to how configure the network authentication in my Ubuntu machine? Any suggestion will be appreciated..

Re: Network authentication in Ubuntu

If you are using an open wireless network connection in your machine then it will not happen that you mentioned in your post. The Ubuntu then automatically detect the web site with the desired network authentication. Because the ubuntu is automatically configured with the roaming mode while it in the wires connection. Actually in the roaming mode the networking service is looking for the airwaves which are used for the wireless networks. If it locates in the open network or with which one is having the encryption key for the network it will connect automatically without any authentication. So I suggest you to use the wireless network connection, if you are having any issue with the wired network.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

As per my knowledge now a days there are so many process for the network authentication in Linux. There should a single utility with the Fedora version which is comes with the package of the specific configuration scripts which is known as OpenLDAP with that the active directory of the network service is supported. Lot of the people apply the network authentication with the password, make sure that you are having the strong password for the network access, because this might be cause for the attack the network service.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Using the Ubuntu 8.10 on my Asus laptop, the problem is the system is not connect with the wireless network frequently. I am using the Netgear Wireless-G router. I am using the separate password for the logon to the machine and to start the network service. The main problem is that, the wireless connection is not made automatically, while I tried to enter into the network wizard by providing the password, is shows that it requires for the network authentication. After entering the request password in the message screen it again redirect into the same error message. Completely not able to enter the network. Searched everywhere for the solution, but not found any thing. Is there any one having any solution for this issue? Any information regarding this problem will be appreciated….