Thread: Ubuntu: Wireless Network not working properly

Ubuntu: Wireless Network not working properly

I am having a problem with the wireless connection in my Toshiba Satellite L505D laptop. Using the Realtek RTL 8187SE' network interface. I searched everywhere for the solution, but found nothing anywhere. The Ethernet connection works fine but the wLAN is not working properly. I tried with the 'ndiswrapper', but this one also not works. Also tied by update the driver of the network router. Any idea on this problem?

Re: Ubuntu: Wireless Network not working properly

Look for the Realtek information which is provide in the Linux wireless configuration window. Make sure that the chip set is working fine with the network router driver. Check this in the kernel command; if you are using the update kernel with the new installation of the ndiswrapper, then you have to make the conflict set up between the two drivers. The cause of the problem might be for the wireless card but I think before that attempt the iwconfig, it will access you to connect the wireless card with the network access point.

As per my knowledge the Broadcom wireless cards are very much sticky to configure in ubuntu environment. It supports the Ubuntu as well the Linux. I recommend you to use the Broadcom wireless card instead of the interface that you are having. First of you have to find out whether the network card is working properly or not. In the earlier, while you get the failure with the ndiswrapper, clean up the existing file by attempting this commend before installing the new interface in your laptop. Remember that you do not use the root terminal to execute the code instead of use the normal terminal session. This prompt will might be appear some problem regarding the installation.

I also like to recommend you change the network interface that you are having in your machine. I am using the Broadcom network router, which is works fine and suggest you to just go through once with this. In the installation folder you will got the file, called as the bcmwl5.inf or bcmwl5a.inf. Copy the file along with that also looking for the file which is named as bcmwl5.sys, also copy that file into your desktop window. Active the network connections after that open the terminal session window and enter the following command in to the command prompt window:
    sudo apt-get install ndiswrapper-utils
    sudo ndiswrapper -i ~/Desktop/bcmwl5.inf
    sudo ndiswrapper -m
    for conffile in /etc/ndiswrapper/bcmwl5/*.conf; do
    sudo cat $conffile | sed -e 's/RadioState|1/RadioState|0/' > $conffile
    done
    As per my opinion if you are accessing the wireless LAN connectivity then you also have a wired network for the fall back of the connectivity.

Select the wireless network card option in your control panel window and go to its properties window. Proceed to the 'This device is configured' and provide the network name and connection settings that you have configured in your machine. All the processes are secured mainly if you used the Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) technology during the operation. Then click on OK and close the window. Reboot the machine and try to connect it with the network, before that got to the Network Settings window and select the wireless device which you are using as the default gateway for the network connection. I hope this will definitely overcome the problem.