Thread: Another computer using the similar IP address on network

Another computer using the similar IP address on network

I was playing on my computer after some time my computer behaving really weird and I am not able to connect to basically anything. A few hours ago I got a message pop up showing that another computer was using the same IP address as mine. Did somebody hack my computer or router? How can I fix it? I have a laptop and a play station 3 running off of the similar router wirelessly and I have not been able to play online games on the ps3 neither.

Re: Another computer using the similar IP address on network

Right click and find the Repair or get new IP address button. If you cannot get the Repair button, you can open a command prompt by going to Start | Run | and typing "cmd" and pressing Enter. After the command prompt comes up, type:ipconfig /release - and then press Enter. Then type:ipconfig /renew - and then press Enter again. The "renew" switch will take longer to return results than the release switch but seems it should solve the problem. If it does not help you, you can call your internet supplier since it should not be doing that. Confirm that your router drivers are update as well.

Do you have 2 PC which are connected with the same router or first with Switch and after that a router? If your answer is yes then the second computer could have the same IP address as yours .If you have a local network in which you have IP address something like this 192.168.*.*.If you don't have a local network with 2 computers or more then I think that you have a wireless router not protected by a password so if you don't have a password put a password to the router to avoid others from connecting to your local network. I announce local network because all the computers that are after the wireless router are considered to be in the identical network.

Somebody around you had a wireless internet and they want to use that but for that they are using your computer to obtain connection of internet. Just like when you download Net Gear. You can configure it so that it uses another internet IP address. Never give anybody else permission to access your PC or internet. Your IP address should only belongs to you so that only you can access it and no one else can utilize it. Never click on the message that says "do you want to change it”. Because if you do that. You may find yourself without a connection and then have to reset your pc all over again.

For that first try to get IP address button. If you cannot get the Repair button, you can open a command prompt by going to Start | Run | and typing "cmd" and pressing Enter. After the command prompt comes up, type:ipconfig /release - and then press Enter. Then type:ipconfig /renew - and then press Enter again. The "renew" switch will take longer to return results than the release switch but seems it should solve the problem. If it does not help you, you can call your internet supplier since it should not be doing that. Confirm that your router drivers are update as well.