Thread: How to get Static IP and port forwarding with BSNL ISP

How to get Static IP and port forwarding with BSNL ISP

I am a regular Internet user. I have been using the BSNL internet connection since it launched its broadband service. I have one issue about the port forwarding option. I heard that we can configure the static IP for BSNL connection and use it for port forwarding. Does anybody know how to do it? What kind of configurations it requires? Is it an easy procedure or the hard one? If anybody have idea about this please don’t forget to post it. I am currently experimenting on it and further help will be more useful.

Re: How to get Static IP and port forwarding with BSNL ISP

You need to ask the BSNL to provide you a static IP for internet (WAN). I think it is not available for home plan. They will give it only for internet plans. If you are concerning about the static LAN ip then go to the network connections and open RUN type cmd and in the command line type the ipconfig will make a note of your IP address allocated by the DHCP in your modem. Now open Network connections> Local area network connection -> Internet protocol properties. There enter those IP addresses. As far as the port forwarding you have to go to the modem settings, there you will get an option called MAT, which will generate a new-fangled rule. Now locate the external IP address as ALL and the internal as in your computer enter the port number and select a protocol (TCP or UDP). AT last save it and Exit.

I have done the following things in my computer and get it worked well. I think you should try something like this.
    Go to the Adapter settings>properties.
    In that select the use of some of IP addresses. This might be confusing but you should give it a try.
    IP: 192.168.1.XX(The XX may be anything other than 0 and 1)
    Subnet : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway : 192.168.1.1
    After selecting the use set DNS to use open DNS
    At last restart the router along with your system.

First of all you must have to know that to port forwarding you don't need a static IP from BSNL. The IP assigned to your computer by the BSNL modem must be static (it may be something like 192.168.x.x) It is not the IP provided by BSNL to the modem (that looks something like 117.xxx.x.x or 59.xxx.x.x).Another point is only the business plans get static IPs and all the other plans get dynamic IPs only. There is no other way to get it and cannot do anything about it.