Thread: How to connect a home group using a wireless laptop

How to connect a home group using a wireless laptop

I am using an operational home group set up among two desktops at my place but am not able to get the laptop to link with the home group. The laptop which I am using is wireless and it is connected via a Cisco wireless network but both the networks are home networks. When I use Network mapping from any of the desktop or laptop it shows entire computers in the network but I able to share details only between the two desktops. I want to mention one more thing that Laptop map lets me to decide between "Network map of Wireless Network link OR the Local Area link but when I Select Local Area link the error informs me that adapter is not linked.

Re: How to connect a home group using a wireless laptop

Actually the things happen in your network that you are using and having two different networking devices that are generating two separate networks. Beside they can see each other but they can’t share data, if your wireless router have physical link you can attached desktop to that. After that you need to make sure that Modem is able to sending to the wireless router, you can perform it by switching off all your devices. After it just switch ON the modem and wait for it to be entirely performed communication with the server. Attach the router to the modem and switch up the router wait for entire the lights to start up then switch on every computer and connect to the router. This will surely place all the devices to same home group.

You can see if it works just connect an Ethernet wire involving your wireless laptop and the router. And after it you need to set up a connection to the home group after certain time you can then disconnect the wire. I am sure after this procedure is followed accurately you will able to share the data and the wireless connection will find the home group network. Let me know if its work for you because this is the best solution for creating the home group network.

You can perform it using following mentioned steps:
    1. First you need to connect the router to power.
    2. Just place the Ethernet cable into the router and the two desktop computers. after that you need to attach the router to the broadband modem with an Ethernet cable.
    3. Now place in the router installation disk in the wired desktop. Now you need to perform the directions to organize the router. After it type the network name for your wireless network and provide a password.
    4. Now open Internet browser and verify that you are able to access your Internet connection via the router. You may require detaching your modem and router for few seconds, just place it again and then attempt to connect.
    5. Now move to your wireless laptop just press right-click to the "wireless network connection" from laptop's system dish. Select "View Available Wireless Networks.", then clicks the name of wireless network from the provided listing and click "Connect."
    6. Go to "Start" button and from there to "Control Panel." And select "Network and Internet." There select "HomeGroup." Now you need to click "Create a homegroup." You need to mention what you want to share on the network may be your printer or data just click "Next." Note the password and click on "Finish."
    7. Perform similar thing in other desktop computer and select the "Homegroup" alternative and pick "Join a homegroup." Click "Next." Enter the password which you have noted from the other computer and click "Finish." After it you will able to share the data and other things which you want to share.