Thread: Which is the Best paid Antivirus ?

Which is the Best paid Antivirus ?

I have just bought a desktop computer system ? I have installed 2 operating systems , one is Windows xp professional and Windows 7 is the other. I had a very bad experience in my old system. My old desktop system was hit with a fatal virus and spy ware attack. I had an Anti Virus installed already but it did not detect even a single virus and I thought that my system is Virus free but later on the virus began to replicate and showed it's ill effects . I do not mind to pay for these Anti virus but cannot rely on these free Anti viruses any more. So please give your suggestions.

Re: Which is the Best paid Antivirus ?

I think you should opt for a personal firewall rather than relying on these Anti viruses again ( whether be paid or unpaid). I think you have already suffered after using a Anti virus. These Anti viruses must be regularly be updated because a lot of new types of viruses are being discovered day by day. The firewall I am suggesting is Jetico Personal Firewall. It's 1.0.1.61 was the best version till now. Just try it once , you will forget these anti viruses for ever. The best part of this firewall is that it is free and can be installed in all sorts of environments.
    Last edited by teenQ; 13-11-2010 at 05:45 AM.

I did a lot of research and development to find a reliable anti virus for my system. After experiencing a couple of Anti viruses, I discovered that Kaspersky is the best in this business. NOD32 is also nice but not best. Apart from detecting and healing viruses , An anti virus should not conflict with other software present in the system. A recent survey of Anti virus showed that kaspersky and NOD32 indeed lead at the front beating reputed brands such as McAfee, Norton and Symantec. So I think you should too opt for Kaspersky.

A virus is an application program that has a payload in it and has the capability of replicating in multiples. It mostly attacks the system files and
    registry. Some type of viruses are so fatal that, they enter the Boot sector and delete essential files that are very much important for an operating system to execute any .exe file. The Anti virus must be able to stop the payloads that triggers the replication of virus and cause infection in the system files. I think Norton is best Anti virus.

Bit Defender Anitvirus:This is one of the most featured antivirus. This is one of the most cheapest antivirus but one of most effective one. Yearly cost of the antivirus is just above Rs. 1300 (USD 29.95). But the main feature of this antivirus is it runs on mostly all Operating systems. But the only con of this antivirus is comparatively heavier than other antivirus, but this con will not get noticed in latest core processors. Other features include anti-spyware, firewall, e-mail spam filtering, backup, tune-up and parental control components.
    Last edited by Amie; 13-11-2010 at 11:13 PM.