Thread: Multiple IPs in single domain

Multiple IPs in single domain

I am using the Linksys network router with the windows XP compatible machine this works fine with the network service. I am running the Internet Information Services (IIS) and the Apache which running under the same port with the different port. Using two different NIC for the different network services. How can assign the separate IP for the servers? Though I am using the server in the same port so is there nay requirement for assigning the IP address? Any other suggestion will be helpful for me…

Re: Multiple IPs in single domain

Are you using the regular DSL which will might be give you a single IP address for the network access? The IP address will allow you to assign with the network router which will able you to browse the internet pages. If it is same thing then this will not allow you to assign the different IP address in the same port over the network server. As per my knowledge the regular modem is only provides the single IP address for the network domain. Consult with the internet service provider whether you are able or not to apply the different IP address. But I think you can assign the static IP address.

I am having a solution to create the different IP address for access this one in the some other domain of the server. For that go to the control panel from the start menu of the window. After that proceed to the Network Connections option under the control panel wizard. Then go to the Local Area Connection under the Network Connections window and by right click to go the properties windows of the wizard. Select the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and change the IP address or to assign the new IP address for the network access define the Subnet mask also the Default gateway and the DNS server that you are using. Remember that the IP address is the unique number of the computer which is physically connect with the network. so if you are assigning the different IP address for the different computer then make sure that you assign the separate IP address.

Go to the Control Panel and then go to the Network and Internet Connections, choose the option Network Connections. By right click on it; you will proceed to the configuration of the network connection. Look for the Local area connection in the general tab of the window. Then got to the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) under the Networking tab, if you going to obtain the new server for the DNS server IP address then obtain the DNS server address, will appear automatically in the server configuration window. In the windows you will see some of the manual DNS server options which are helps you to obtain DNS server addresses manually. For configuring the additional DNS server IP address go to the DNS server addresses window and then add the different IP address for the same domain server.

I know one of the solution which is very simply and works, if you are looking for connect the multiple IP addresses in the single domain then suggest you to go through the following process this will definitely helps you to apply this. You first got o the Start then Connect To and choose the option Show all Connections. Select the option by which you access the internet. Go to the properties of the connect by right click on that. In the properties window proceed to the general window tab, and select the internet TCP/IP option and go to its properties. Mention the IP addresses which you are willing to access from the domain connection in your browser. Make sure that you mentioned the original IP address that you usually access.