Thread: Network security with Firewall for mac address and ACL

Network security with Firewall for mac address and ACL

Having a HP computer with the windows Vista environment. Installed the McAfee Virus Scan Antivirus software in the computer. just few days back I went to run the VirusScan of the machine, and found that it run a batch file which contains the MAC address of the computer and the information about the remote server that I am using in the machine, it appears as the text file format. After that I connect the machine with the network and plug the network, it shows me the welcome page of the Antivirus application that I installed. Now I am trying to build up the proxy for the firewall and the router. But don’t have any idea on this how to build this, any input as the suggestion will be appreciated….

Re: Network security with Firewall for mac address and ACL

Allow your internet service provider for checking the service with the firewall service. Remove the earlier setting of the ISP with the network at your machine, and set up the new configuration with the network. Check the firewall setting of your machine with the network that you have. If you are using the college or the university network service then it might be happen for showing the software application web page as the welcome page in your machine screen, because that service provider might be tie up with the web site of the application that you installed in your machine as the network security feature.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

I read you complete post and would like share some of the information’s regarding the issue that you mentioned. While you are going to incorporate nay security feature whether it is by the windows or any of the third party application then the design and the implementation of that application having the knowledge to how attack the threads. Some of the tactics which are used for the attacks and being aware from the threats. You can able to remove or to apply desired action to protect that one. You have to analyze sufficient information about the Web application security. Some of the key tips for the network security, the resource for the data in a database from you are gathering the information. And the malicious and the other infections.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

The network threats are faced by the application that you are using for the network security. The problem that you mentioned might be the threat of the network or the attack of any network infection. The knowledge about the infections is helps to organize the security strategy. As per my knowledge Microsoft is using a kind of the strategy for the network security which is known as the STRIDE which stands for Spoofing, Tampering, Repudiation and Information disclosure. If you are using the network with the fault address then the Spoofing will works there, it will provide the correct IP of the user. Tampering is for the modification of unauthorized data. Where the Repudiation is for the access the network ability for each of the user.

Network devices which are used for the network connectivity can be profiled in much of the way that you used for the network security feature. The virus infections are generally use the port scanning before infecting the machine or the network service. It will happen by determining the operating system and the version of the Antivirus software application. So frequently upgrade the patch of the software application. This will protect from the infections of the network virus. I recommend you to Configure the router for the restrict the responses of the network viruses’ along with that configure the operating system that you are using and the host network software. This will disable the footprint of the unused protocols and some of the unnecessary ports.