Thread: How can I disable access for certain users

How can I disable access for certain users

I want some suggestion that how I can put out of action the access for control panel, display properties etc for definite users? I want to do this because I am setting up a network a school. There I am making the basic file system and I want to allow the access to only some limited users. If it is allowed publicly then it is possible that the students can change some settings using control panel that can create a big issue. If you have any advice on this then please post your suggestion to me so that I can make a good system for the school.

Re: How can I disable access for certain users

Which operating system you are using? I am asking this to you because if you are using the Windows XP then I must tell you it has the ability of restricting users and if you are using the Mac OS X then also you will be able to do that. If you are doig that then you have to change the boot order for the BIOS and make the BIOS password protected. /choose a purely random password and to do that you can use the GRC password generator.

If you want to setup the rules for the web access then you can do this with your router. I think that almost all the routers allows to setup the rules and schedules foe the internet access and you will be able to set that in the in the router setup. For more details of allowing access to the uses you can see the user guide for the router that you are using. You will get complete information about it. These settings differ from different routers so you need to see the router guide for yours.

It is possible to restrict the account access of any user other than the Administrator. I also don’t know the exact way but I can tell you that from where you can do that. First of all login to the system as Administrator and press start button and select run. Over there you have to type “gpedit.msc” without quotes and press enter. This will open the new window from where you will be able to do such things. You can select the things from left panel and change the access to that accordingly. I wish this will be able to do that.

Which type of the network you are using? If you have domain controllers then you can use the group policy editor to set up restrictions. If any user/student logs in to the computer then he or she will be able to read their group policy and apply the settings for that login only. If you are applying the group policy to a machine that s stand alone then it will affect every account which contains the admin account also. So take care of that before applying the group policy.

I am agreeing the solution provided above and will help you too but I have another solution for you. You should lock the admin account and after that go to gpedit as suggested above. From there you can block whatever you want. My suggestion to you is to use the domain controller for locking the things. There is also some way by which you will be able to do that. Do not lock the workstation and in place of that use some app like DeepFreez to freez the disk. I found that it work enormous in school. Just do a simple reboot and after that you can don’t need to worry that what was ended before.