Thread: IRSSI not accepting dcc file automatically

IRSSI not accepting dcc file automatically

I am getting an issues while someone sends anything to me, then I have to write /dcc to the file. My IRSSI is giving me problem while accepting dcc files automatically previously it was working file but now i am facing this issue. I have read it about many sites, but I could not find any of proper solution on this. If anyone having knowledge on this, then please reply back. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Tamonashh; 11-11-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Re: IRSSI not accepting dcc file automatically

As far I know about this that is, when IRSSI receive file with the similar name which is already exists then it don’t receive it automatically. I think you should first check that, if the receiving is with same name then you have changed it. And if possible try to get this to accept IRRSI automatically. I hope this information may help you.
    • /set dcc_download_path ~/down/IRC
    • /set dcc_autoget on

I was also facing problem related to IRRSI but not similar as you are having. Then to overcome this, I visited to the IRSSI site www.irssi.org. On this site you can find all the questions and answer related to IRSSI. This site helped me to solve my query related to IRSSI. I will recommend you the same solution on your this query. And I hope will find this site very useful.

I was having same problem and for that i have tried to solve it in many ways but not succeed, then i tried above reply, command /set dcc_download_path ~/down/IRC and /set dcc_autoget on. But then also IRRSI is not accepting dcc files automatically. If anyone having another suggestion for this then please reply. Any suggestion will helpful to me. Thanks in advance.

I think you are missing something in the above command because of that IRSSI is accepting files automatically. Many of user gets this kind of problems with IRSSI while accepting dcc files. Here i have given you the same command with some modifications in that and i think you should try out this and i hope this will help you to overcome your query.
    here is your command
    • /set dcc_download_path ~/down/IRC
    • /set dcc_autoget on

you just have to add this.
    • /set dcc auto_autoaccept_lowports