Thread: Details about Huawei E510 Data Card.

Details about Huawei E510 Data Card.

I want to buy a new data card and I guess I would be going with the Huawei E510 as one of my friend is using the same one. But still I would like to have all the information about this data card before buying it. So can you guys give me the perfect details about this data card. I have some more questions as well but first I would like to know about it. I can ask for more questions as soon as somebody replies.

Re: Details about Huawei E510 Data Card.

Chinese Huawei has benefited from CeBIT in Hanover to introduce a new mobile device that combines two different technologies for laptops : the broadband and mobile TV. The device is called as "E510", this accessory is actually a USB compatible with tri-band GSM networks, GPRS, EDGE and dual-band UMTS, HSDPA and HSUPA. This allows it to reach speeds in downloading the order of 7.2 Mbps and 2 Mbps upstream data. Considered ready for use in that it integrates its connection kit directly into the key, it operates on a PC running Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista. For the rest, it can send and receive SMS messages and has an integrated mobile TV tuner compatible with the DVB-T UHF (470 ~ 862 MHz) and VHF (170 ~ 230 MHz). DTT programs can thus be recorded and broadcast in real time from the software Windows Media Player . Interestingly, the suite comes with the key can operate the functions of recording programs and direct control. The question is when and at what price this USB stick is available.

The Huawei E510 HSPA is the first 3G wireless card + designed for notebook computers capable of receiving mobile TV. It is equipped with the latest generation of chip DIB9080-H DiBcom integrates a tuner and a demodulator and supports DVB-T and DVB-H enable reception of mobile digital television in Europe and in some Asian countries. It is compatible with Windows XP and Vista as well as standards HSDPA/3G +, HSUPA, HSPA / UMTS and GSM / GPRS / EDGE.

Oh Thank GOd! I want to know that how can I activate the voice services of this data card. And few more questions are there such as does this device has capability to send the faxes or not. Would it be possible to use the third party application with this modem with the third party drivers?

I have gone through the details of the Huawei E510 Data Card which does not have any such feature which can help you to send the fax. So you won't be able to send faxes from this data card. And if you are have installed the software for the Huawei E510 Data Card then the standard driver gets created in the C:\Program Files\Mobile Partner\Driver folder. Here you can try with the different drivers which i guess won't be working but still you may try.