Thread: Driver for Huawei U9130 and APN Setting

Driver for Huawei U9130 and APN Setting

I am running an Ubuntu on my laptop and I am facing the problem with using the Huawei U9130 on this laptop as it is just detecting it as a CD Media and I am not able to access it as a SD Card. How can I add it as a Modem? And one more thing I would like to ask you guys that how can I edit the APN Settings on the mobile since it has some default entries.

Re: Driver for Huawei U9130 and APN Setting

I think there is no need to install any kind of driver on your ubuntu system for accessing the memory card of your phone. All you need to do is just attach you phone to the usb port of your laptop and then mobile software will prompt you that the phone has been detected. Close that application which will abort the phone detection and then you must be prompted by the autorun program which would be for memory card of your phone.

Selecting the APN settings for your Huawei U9130 depends on the carrier which you are currently using on your phone. Actually there are different settings for the all the network companies which varies according to their network. If you are in roaming network then it might happen that you have to use the some other network then whatever you would be using on your phone. Best way to know the perfect APN settings for your phone would be to call to the customer care of your carrier.

If you wish to use an internet on your laptop by connecting your phone then here I have given the APN setting for the Vodafone as I am using the same on my phone. Your settings might gets changed according to your SIM card inserted into your phone.
    • APN: internet (or pp.vodafone.co.uk if you're using prepay)
    • Username: web
    • Password: web
    • Session type: Continuous / permanent
    • Authentication: Normal
    • Security: Off

And if you wish to create the manual dial up entry on your windows machine rather then using the connection manager such as Vodafone's Mobile Connect software then you have to mention the perfect APN to used by your device. Here I have given you the settings for Windows OS, You may search for the Ubuntu on yourself. Sorry to say but as I have never used an Ubuntu, I don't have idea about it. Go to the control panel from the start button. Then go to phone and open modem options. Here you have to select for your phone as a data device in the list of modems. Go to its properties and then Advanced where you have to enter the following in the textbox.
    Code:
    AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet"

Assure that you have your Mifi connected with the computer system and 3MobileWiFi has been installed successfully. First of all open the 3MobileWiFi and then click on the " http://192.168.1.1". Here you have to findout the section for "Change Your Settings". You must be knowing the admin password which generally is Admin by default. After logging in, Click on the Advanced Settings -> Connection Settings -> Profile Settings -> New. Give the proper profile name and then put connection number as *99#. You have to put ISP's name in the username and password for the same. Select an Authentication as PAP. You must be knowing your operator’s APN. IP Address as Dynamic. Now click on the Save and then Continue -> Advance Settings -> Connection Settings -> Connection Settings. Now you have to choose your new profile from the 'Profile List' drop down menu and the press Apply.