Thread: Will Huawei D100 support E122 modem

Will Huawei D100 support E122 modem

I am having a Huawei D100 Router and I want to know that does this router will be supporting the Huawei E122 modem ? And does upgrades for the my E122 dongle would be helping in this case? There are few more question which I would like to ask that does MAC address filtering, dynamic ip, static ip, dynamic IP (DHCP client), PPTP, L2TP, PPPoE and 3G are supported by my Huawei D100 Router.

Re: Will Huawei D100 support E122 modem

I have googled a many times but at the end I have found no way to make your Huawei E122 modem working with the Huawei D100 router. So you must have to got that now that it is not possible to use either of them with each other. Actually problem does not seems to be with the E122 modem rather it is something related with the Huawei D100 router which might not be comatible with the this usb modem. But if you want to use the Huawei E122 modem along on your machine then it won't be showing any problem. You just need to connect the modem directly to the usb port and start installing it.

I think that the problem is with the E122 Modem which has not bee made to support the D100 router because this router has a capability to work with these kind of modems. Actually I am using my Huawei E220 modem along by connecting it with the Huawei D100 router and it works like awesome. Now here I have seen people saying that E122 does not have such capacity. So you may have to change the modem or work with it individually. But nobody can say that the Huawei D100 router does not have support to work with the usb modems.

I know that E122 modem can work alone by directly connecting with the machine but when i tried to connect it with the Huawei D100 router then it showed me the message which was saying that "modem is non-existent" or that it can't access the SIM card. Now I came to know that it is the modem itself which is not able to get connected with this router. Can you guys tell me that how can I solve this problem?

I have seen one user which was trying to use the Huawei E122 modem on its iMac and it just not getting detected by the system. I would like to ask you that are you trying to use this modem on the Mac OS X as it has some tricky way to make this modem working on the mac os. Actually that user was saying that the USB Dongle needs to be worked on windows first then they starts working on the mac os x as well. So I suggest you to install the windows as well with the mac os x where you can run your dongle and then switch to the mac os x where you have to try running the same dongle. It seems to be bit strange but still you should try it as that user was saying that it started working after doing so. You can use the Boot Camp to install the windows operating system with conjunction of Mac.

Hi All-
    Just quick note if this is not sorted.....The E122 do work with the D100 router have been using one for several weeks now. Not easy to setup but they will work. If more info is needed let me know and I will go into details.

I think that after unlocking the Huawei D100/D100T, it would be able to work on E122 modem. To unlock the Huawei D100/D100T follow these instructions:

• Download an update from above and extract it to your computer:
    • Before flashing make sure your computer and the Huawei D100 won't lose power during the process as it could potentially brick your Huawei D100!
    • Power on the Huawei D100 and connect it to computer through an Ethernet cable
    • Launch FmcUpdate.exe from the extracted files
    • Click the "Check" button to detect your Huawei D100 and shift it to update mode
    • Click the "Upgrade" button to start the update
    • Wait a couple minutes until the whole progress is accomplished
    • After upgrade, disconnect the Ethernet cable and push the reset button of the Huawei D100 (in the lower right corner of the backside) or restore factory defaults in the webinterface (open http://192.168.1.1 in your browser and enter "admin" as default password, then go to Advanced Settings | System | Restore Defaults | Restore).
    • note: If you do not restore to factory defaults after the update, your USB modem won't be detected properly and the "Connection" page will say "The USB Modem is nonexistent"
    • Connect your USB modem to the Huawei D100 port only when it's switched off!
    • Turn-on the router and go to the GUI by opening http://192.168.1.1 in your browser and enter "admin" as password.
    • To activate an access profile for your network operator, go to Advanced Settings | Dial Up Settings | Profile Settings and chose your provider from the Profile List. If your provider's settings are not included, just create a new profile by entering a Profile Name and all the other information required below and click on Save.
    • Afterwards go to Advanced Settings | Dial Up Settings | PPP Settings and make sure the correct profile is chosen in the Profile List. If not, chose the correct one and hit Apply.
    • Now your router is ready to share your broadband (remember that your USB modem must also be unlocked!).
    • You might want to enable (really) secure WiFi-encryption under Advanced Settings | WLAN Settings | WLAN Advance Settings where you should set WPA-PSK|WPA2-PSK as Encryption Mode and TKIP+AES as WPA Encryption. Lastly enter the WPA Pre-Shared Key, which should be not too easy to guess and hit Apply.