Thread: Mobile Partner in Windows 7 not recognizing Huawei E156G

Mobile Partner in Windows 7 not recognizing Huawei E156G

I have recently bought a new Huawei E156G usb modem for my desktop computer system on which I am running Windows 7 operating system. Now when I plugged in this USB modem to my windows 7 USB port then it prompted me with the Autorun.exe and then I installed the software Mobile Partner. So I thought that now I would be able to use my Huawei E156G but when It didn't detected my device. After unplugging and reconnecting it showed me that Autorun.exe again. I guess it has been installed already. I tried connecting it from the the Mobile Partner where I got the message that "The device has been disconnected or is unavailable". Please help me as I was very much happy to get this modem but I think all excites have gone under the ground now. Please help me to use this Huawei E156G!

Re: Mobile Partner in Windows 7 not recognizing Huawei E156G

Make sure that you have installed the drivers properly on your windows 7 operating system as there could be some problem with the USB drivers of your windows 7 due to which your USB prot might not be responding in a normal way. I suggest you to check connecting the same usb modem with some other usb port available on your windows 7 desktop machine. It might happen that it can work without any problems. But please make sure that you uninstall the programs to use this device first then start the whole thing from the scratch for new USB port.

I would like to ask you that have you ever installed any other modem before on your machine. Because there is possibility that those older programs might be conflicting with the new which you have just installed. I would recommend you to uninstall all the other modem programs installed on your machine and then start installing the Mobile Partner for the Huawei E156G. I think this time it should not asking for the same thing after installing it once but make sure that your machine has proper and latest drivers.

I have seen such a problems with my windows desktop on which I used to keep connected my CD ROM as I am using the usb CD drive on this machine. When I bought a usb modem for this machine then I was unaware that the this machine going to show some strange problems which can stop me for using an CD while I have connected my USB modem. I guess you must be getting my scenario which could be happening in your case too. Actually some machine shows some problem for using the multiple usb device at the same time which usually results in the disconnecting the any of them device at any time without any warning. In you case it seems to be not detecting at all. But my modem did recognized but then it used to get disconnected so soon that there was no use to connect it as it never gave me any chance to surf an internet connection. Please try using your USB modem without any other usb device connected to your machine.

This device is an usb combined device which has usb modem as well as usb storage. So I thought it might happen that usb mass storage would be stopping it from using the modem but then I was not able to remove the usb storage part single-handedly. But I read that on some forum that the you can disabled usb loading by moving usbstor.inf & usbstor.pnf files on the desktop from the windows\inf folder, So somehow I have successfully done it. But still my modem is not getting detected. I have tried using the same modem on my friend’s IBM Thinkpad R52 1860 A35 where it was working perfectly fine. Only the difference between this laptop and my desktop was an operating system, This laptop has a Windows XP Pro and mine is Windows 7.

It might be the incompatibility issue due to which you usb modem might be getting installed properly on your windows 7 machine. I have gone through some threads on the different forum which was showing the compatibility issue with the usb modems on windows 7 operating system. I suggest you to try using the same device after installing the Windows XP on your machine. Before that make sure that your machine meets the basic requirements of to connect this device with the usb port such as an usb prot must not be less then 2.0. Are you having an older one on your machine which might show problem on the Windows XP as well.

Even I have seen such issues with my usb modem when I bought it newly but then I have found a fix for it. Actually I was having a usb-y cable in order to make this device drawing more power. I then stopped all the services except Microsoft services followed by installing the needed software for modem functionality. But still it was not detecting it, Hold on, only for the first time. When i looked into Device manager / usb controllers then there was one usb controller having a yellow icon. So upgraded the driver for that particular device where you have to select for the folder which came with this usb device. And then all of a gradually all the devices started working which was including Huawei modem as well. Now I am able to connect the modem directly on the cpu case and it is working without the y cable as well.