Thread: Huawei EG162g often gets disconnected

Huawei EG162g often gets disconnected

I have bought a new Huawei EG162G which has been provided by Idea cellular. Now the problem is that this device does not stay connected for long time and whenever it it gets disconnected, then too there is no such icon on the system tray that it has been disconnected. So I tried disconnecting it manually then too there was no disconnected icon on the system tray. Now when I tried to reboot my system then it got hanged and I have to forcefully shut down my machine. What is the problem with this modem?

Re: Huawei EG162g often gets disconnected

I think there is nothing wrong with the modem nor anything with an operating system of your machine. Anyway whatever could be the problem, I have given you one way following which might solved this problem. Actually you have to go to the start button and then click on the Run where you have to enter the msconfig. Once you are done with this then you need to go to the Services and then select for Hide All Microsoft Services in which you need to Disable All.

I have tried to solve this problem by following the solution which you have given to me. But unluckily that didn't helped me. But I guess the problem have increased now. It is getting disconnected again and again. Please guys help, Now it has became very much annoying to use this modem on my system.

I guess there could be some kind of viruses on your machine due to which your machine could be getting disconnected so frequently. You should check the process of this modem from the task bar and as it might happen that there would be some virus affecting the browser of your machine. And it finally terminates an internet connection. So I think you need to scan your whole machine by using a good anti virus software.

The trouble comes from mismanagement and USB ports in 99% of cases, the motherboard has a VIA chipset. The chipset poorly distributed via the USB ports on energy. As modem adsl usb is quite resource intensive systems (500 milliamps), the modem goes out or loses synchronization, the ADSL LED starts to flash). To do this, check if you have a via chipset (visible in Control Panel / System / Device Manager). If this is the case:
    • Make the update 4 to 1.
    • Install the patch via usb.
    • Modify, if possible, in your BIOS to "Enhance Chip Performance" to Enable.
    • Finally, install the latest version of drivers for your modem. For ECI USB modem, you must first uninstall the old driver. It is then recommended to install version 1.07 first, and the version 1.10.