Thread: Error in creating the child process

Error in creating the child process

Ok so I am absolutely a newbie at this but I’m going through a major problem with my Gnome-terminal. Actually it was working very well then I affirmed to compile Linux source so I was able to go on my way with aircrack-ng and the fatal stopped working it says 'There was an error creating the child process for this terminal" I have installed it reinstalled it uninstalled it. Then on this Google it and found that it was bug 178164. I’m on ubuntu the "fix" I found did not work I tried recopying the etc/fstab file editing it through the code it told me to. Still nothing any help would be really great full.

Re: Error in creating the child process

I want to ask you something actually I want to know that did you ever obtain an answer to this question? I just ongoing am having the similar problem myself. And I am facing this from so many days. And it is really an overwhelming to observe no one has responded much to your post. That is why I think it is a bad sign. But leave this as soon as you get it post it over here I will try to solve this issue.

I have also faced this but do not worry because when I was suffering from this at that time the solution which I got it works in most of the cases. So I think now you do not have to worry only thing is that you have to follow my suggestion. Actually I was getting this in Fedora 11 after latest updates. So in this you just try to adding yourself to 'tty' group. As I mentioned that it works for me.

Thanks! That was the answer for me on ubuntu also. I consider this really relates to a permissions difficulty when using VNC. So for any user who requirements to do vnc'ing you will need to do
    Code:
    adduser theusername tty
    and the users will require to kill their existing vncservers. Log in with a new SSH session and start new vncservers. So regarding this if you have any suggestion then share this.