Thread: Need help to configure windows printer server on mac

Need help to configure windows printer server on mac

Which is what occurs when incredible is so blindingly understandable by means of the intention of I do not observe it in Mac OS X for the reason by means of the intention of it's dissimilar than in Windows or additional Unices. On my university network there are the entire sorts of printers. If your system is associated on campus you be able to attach to those print shares and print (it's nicer than a assortment of sftp/scp conference). Anyway, on my previous windows laptop, the entire I did was attach to the print server by navigating to \\<server ip>\ and preference the name of the printer and right hitting it off and choosing "add printer...". At present, utilizing the Printer Setup usefulness, it gives me the alternative of browsing for entering direct IP's. These printers do not have comprised direct IP's for the reason with the intention of their queues is administer by a server. How do I attach to the print server, choose the printer, and add it. It's not on my restricted subnet so it does not demonstrate up mechanically, and it does not demonstrate up in additional printers anywhere moreover, other than I be familiar with the ip address of the server!

Re: Need help to configure windows printer server on mac

I had immediately got my iBook Mac at the moment. I am to some extent of a PC user, additional than liked the information with the intention of I might get 6 hours out of the battery for the iBooks. So, it's no revelation by means of the intention of I encompass a wireless and wired network of regarding 3 PC's. The PC by means of the intention of has my laserjet 1000 is set to contribute to the printer across the network. IIS is inaugurated as well as IPP and HTTP printing. I have comprised and endeavor a variety of configurations on the MAC. I endeavor Samba, and I tried the built in Windows printing (Utilizing OS X 10.3). It essentially observes the network and the printer. There is no unambiguous driver for the 1000, additional than there is one for the 1200 which is not the entire with the intention of much dissimilar. The 1200 driver be supposed to run. It by no means creates it out of the Mac OS print QUEUE (or KUPS, as I encompass a number of confusion regarding the integration of FreeBSD UNIX by means of AT&T extensions). At several rate, it says it is printing, and continues to say with the intention of it. Nothing occurs. Other than I am not certain if it determine to support Windows simultaneously.

What type of printer(s) are you endeavoring to utilize. If it is not PostScript printer(s), then you determine to have encompassed to utilize CUPS driver(s) for the printer(s). A investigate of this discussion determine to yield additional information in sequence regarding CUPS. The LaserJet 1000 is a PCL-5e-based printer. You be supposed to download and inaugurate GIMP-print, which determine to in addition install a position of CUPS print drivers. At smallest amount two PCL-5 drivers are contained. One of them might resolve your tribulations. I am working with Windows XP Professional by means of IIS services installed, utilizing print sharing. The entire of these systems are associated via a Linksys router. I endeavor the print server, as it sustains or maintains rendevous/apple talk. So it is unquestionably driver related tribulations. I in conclusion got the Samsung laser to print on the Mac. I inaugurated the driver and nothing occurred. Extremely strange other than it's running at present.

I had position a alternative on this query regarding a small time ago, other than in view of the fact with the intention of I am going to get a innovative iMac, I consideration I would endeavor the entire in excess of again, in view of the fact with the intention of I have comprised in addition learned additional regarding nix type systems my present home setup is an previous P3 Win98 system enthusiastic up to a NEC Superscript 870 laser printer. I am well-versed by NEC with the intention of they determine to by no means make available OS X hold up or maintain for this printer. I encompass been playing approximately by means of Linux on my system, and encompass managed to get the printer to run under Linux utilizing a postscript emulation and an HP laserjet driver. Getting an additional printer is not actually an alternative.

If I were you, I would acquire a innovative laser printer if I were purchasing a innovative computer. I had immediately purchased a brother 1440 for regarding 150 dollars, additional than I run OS9. I guess with the intention of you enjoy endeavoring to get things to run in inventive ways. Your networking idea is attractive, additional than I would locate it annoying. I would hate to encompass a second system approximately as a print server, except it was networked to additional than a small number of systems. The printer you encompass does have native (from side to side a card) network hold up or maintain. The Generic network printer drivers might run, other than then the entire in excess of again they might not. I do not be familiar by means of, nor do I be acquainted with if there is an OS X version or description. Is PowerPrint good yes. Particularly if you are mobile. It in addition adds innovative functions and alternative for printing (on a number of printers inverse, ink/toner save, dithering, scaling, etc.).

I print commencing my windows printer associated to my PC utilizing Mac OS X. Additional than to do it you necessitate 10.2.3. First you necessitate downloading and inaugurating Gimp Print Drivers, which be able to be originating in the Mac OS X downloads segment of Apple's website. On one occasion installed go to the print centre in Mac OS X and then grasp down the 'Alt' key at the same time as hitting it off on the 'Add Printer' button. In the drag down menus choose 'advanced' and samba printing. Then enter the address of the printer and choose the representation. The documentation by means of the intention of comes with Gimp Print Drivers better explains what to do. As you've been able to get the printer running beneath linux, you might wish to give the impression of being there is a Mac OS X segment with the intention of contains documentation and details regarding getting unsupported printers to run under OS X. They have comprised ported a numeral of the Linux drivers to OS X.