Thread: How to Turn File Sharing On/Off via command line?

How to Turn File Sharing On/Off via command line?

Hi friends, I want to know whether how to turn on or off my personal file sharing with the help of command line argument. I am also creating the batch file, so with the help of command line how could I turn off simple sharing on my workstations. Also I created the vbscript that run with net share; I am not able to connect it. Is there any way to turn on file sharing with command line? Please help me what should I do to turn on and off the file sharing with command line.

Re: How to Turn File Sharing On/Off via command line?

It is important for you to set the registry key and values. While the security settings are set in windows, you should have to set following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa. And the values for it are: to on the force guest make use of value Force Guest=1 and to off the force guest make use of the value ForceGuest=0. change the setting for it.

As much I know, to share the file with the help of command line, you should have to run Pico /etc/hostconfig. This will only work if you had the shut down option in command line to restart your system. I think shut down option is there for the Mac. If you’re searching for this feature then you need to install OSXVNC. After installing it launch it to your remote control of your machine and finally vanish it if you had done the job with the help of it.

If you SSH’ing command line, than you may edit the file. What you can do is execute the shut down command as said by spyrus above. If you have not restarted the debian machine for a period then any one of this will restart in a proper way. Also the way to shut down the machine on the command prompt is shutdown -a –h. it is the only reason you have if you were SSH’ing in the machine which is mostly is not done by you.