Thread: Norton antivirus blank page in windows 7

Norton antivirus blank page in windows 7

Hi I have a problem with my norton anti virus 2010 running in windows 7. The icon in my intray says that my system is secure. but I still get the blank screen when I try to open norton , this has only recently occurred as it was working well before, any help would be appreciated.

Re: Norton antivirus blank page in windows 7

I would suggest you to perform a task that is to go to the service console and make a restart of Norton Antivirus application. First of all you have to click on Start menu and then in the searchbox type service.msc and hit enter. Now check for the application and restart it. If this do not help you then you have use Norton Removal tool and uninstall the application and perform a reinatallation of the same. I hope this would help.

ThumbsUp Re: Norton antivirus blank page in windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by balamani View Post
    I would suggest you to perform a task that is to go to the service console and make a restart of Norton Antivirus application. First of all you have to click on Start menu and then in the searchbox type service.msc and hit enter. Now check for the application and restart it. If this do not help you then you have use Norton Removal tool and uninstall the application and perform a reinatallation of the same. I hope this would help.
    thankyou I tried your advice but service.msc could not be found
    any other advice before I reinstall, ( it takes ages to download all the liveupdates )

I tried your advice but service.msc could not be found
    I think that there is no other option left.. The only thing you can now do is reinstallation of your operating system. Since, service.msc cannot be found, I am sure that some system files have been deleted (or corrupted) due to which you will have to do the reinstallation.

Quote Originally Posted by CRiley View Post
    I think that there is no other option left.. The only thing you can now do is reinstallation of your operating system. Since, service.msc cannot be found, I am sure that some system files have been deleted (or corrupted) due to which you will have to do the reinstallation.
    thanks for your help, I have carried out a re-install and all is ok