Thread: Sonicwall TZ 180 Port Forwarding

Sonicwall TZ 180 Port Forwarding

I have tried for two days in vain a port on a Sonicwall TZ 180 forward. In order to access OWA from the web can I had to port 25 and other forward. In order to access IIS I needed to port 80 and still others. I first tried to somehow manually set up but all attempts were in vain. I've used the wizard and set up a redirect for a mail and a Web server. With the wizard but you can also click on the "others", where an entry port itself. I would like eg. still forward port 5555 to server. The wizard makes the entries in the NAT and access rules but the port has not yet passed. I do not understand because if I 25,80,443 etc port with a port checker most everything is ok only if I tests do not port 5555. Now I'm still trying to manually set up everything again but it works just as wrong. Please help me to sort out this problem.

Re: Sonicwall TZ 180 Port Forwarding

But you are sure that this port is also accepted by the server? If it is TCP, you can telnet to the IP port test easily. Also, remember that you can not redirect ports. 27 458 -> 192.168.0.10:3389. Better to take it to prevent from the IANA for private use provided in the ports 49152-65535 for conflicts. An ephemeral (short-lived) port is a transport protocol port for Internet Protocol (IP) communications automatically allocated from a predefined range by the TCP / IP stack software. It is typically used by the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), or the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) as port for the client end of a client-server communication when the application does not bind the socket to a specific port number, or by a server application to free up a service's well-known listening port and establish a service connection to the client host. The allocations are temporary and only valid for the duration of the connection. After completion of the communication session the ports become available for reuse, although most implementations simply increment the last used port number until the ephemeral port range is exhausted.

CMD, and then telnet ip port? Does not work because the service is not found, or should I still install the extra? And I do not complain. It was just finding the SonicWALL is not so easy with the route as with the mainstream. It's not about the 5555 port I had only so as bsp. written. I would like to forward the port to be in the range specified by you. Well somehow I still do not come on. I'm going to flash the box again. Maybe not something wrong there. I also have the problem that when I speak of my server or a client (PC or mobile) in the network over the internet trying to access the box I get no connection. But if I go to my parents and from there try to work right away. Internally it is also only the IP of the SonicWALL. Can not be normal. Continue to help me..

What exactly do you mean "with the box on ..." access? "Is the box a device behind the NAT firewall Sonicwall or is that the Sonic Wall itself? Remember that the destination IP address is always the current IP of your DSL Sonicwall is accessible to devices on the local network by PFW! These changes, however dynamics through PPPoE. You should always work better here, so what do you do with DynDNS probably ... hopefully! Otherwise it may be normal that an IP after a few hours stopped working. I would like to suggest you to save your defect PFW is also your Shift key. Use the Wizard, which is always good (it is NAT rules and regulations created for the interface). For use OWA contact 443 (and not port 25).

I got the TZ180 with EnhancedOS 4.2.1.0-20e. This was the latest the latest version I could get through Sonicwall. I had written that I've used the Wizard release to OWA and web server. This has indeed worked out only the additional port could not I share the Wizard. Meanwhile, I've downloaded the firmware again and re-flashed (of course with default settings). As of now, does the forwarding. Even with the said port. It seems that is the last flash what went wrong. Now fit . Let's see how the Sonic Wall behaves now. Sorry for my ignorance but where do I change the port for OWA? In the Sonicwall clear but I mean that in the Exchange.

System> Administration: Administrator Name Password: a very complex password ... System> Administration: Web Management Settings: HTTPS Port: 444 (for example, can be used to 443 for SSL). Network> Interfaces: WAN> Confirure: General: Management [x] HTTPS and [x] Add rule to enable redirect from HTTP to HTTPS. With these settings, the firewall automatically creates the NAT Policies and Access Rules. Under Firewall> Access Rules> (WAN> WAN) are then the HTTPS management rules apply (Comment: Auto-added management rule). You must set the hook on the WAN interface for HTTPS management. The bare minimum as far as I've already set up but can eg. I get the web access is not regulated. I only https-approved management and to the port down 444 but I get a login screen from the outside.