Thread: Netgear CVG824G Wireless routers bandwidth controller

Netgear CVG824G Wireless routers bandwidth controller

I have Netgear CVG824G Wireless router and I want basically to limit or control the speed and bandwidth of four ethernet ports. I want to make it as the first port to be unlimited and other 3 ports to be limited. It will be helpful if I get a third party application to make it so. Is it possible to do. Any firmware will help would also be good. What should be done to assign such thing. Please help and suggest me out.

Re: Netgear CVG824G Wireless routers bandwidth controller

You can make use of QOS (Quality of Service Software) for the required aspect that you need. If that do not help you out then you can make a try of third party a firmware which will allow you for more QOS and managing control in routers. You can make use of Tomato. Tomat9o basically is nothing but a small and simple replacement firmware for broadband based routers .It has a new and easy to use GUI, a bandwidth monitor and advanced QOS. It can also be used to raise and limit on maximum P2P connection. So check out by implementing this firmware. I guess you may then be able to work well.

You have to be careful while using the firmware that is Tomato as its basically used for cable modem provider inclusive of firmware. Infact I would suggest you to get a old router and then update its firmware. You have to check out for the suitable firmware for the router you have and flash with the choice that you choose.This will be helpful and you can make it work as required. Look out.

Another way through which you can make it work is by buying a switch or router with throttling capabilities. You can make use of NetGear ProSafe GS108T and Cisco SLM2008. Both are cheap and then you have to connect this switches to your system. As it is been done you then have to connect it to your CVG824G. This will let you to set the bandwidth and control them as well. Other than that it will be better that you get the compatible firmware for the router which will function the task as needed by you.