Thread: Software for D-Link DWL-G700AP access point

Software for D-Link DWL-G700AP access point

I have DWL-G700AP access point from D-Link. I have to reset it, then lock it again. I can not find the CD to open the program where I do it. The problem is that I can not find the driver/software on the net either. D-Link has only the firmware and some updates or something on their site. I have searched a lot on internet and found some setup files that appear to be correct software, but after downloading it, there is something else entirely. Anybody know how I can handle this? Is it really impossible to get hold of this after?

Re: Software for D-Link DWL-G700AP access point

How did you tried to find for the drivers or firmware on D-link site? Because I found it as soon as I type the name of the product in the search box on the right hand side of the site. Anyways, here is a link where you will find both driver and manual: http://www.dlink.com/products/?tab=3...WL-G700AP_revB. If this is still not helpful or you have tired it but it didn't worked in your case then its better to contact the Dell support team directly asking for their assistance. They should surely help you and guide you in a proper way.

Thanks for the response. I have already downloaded the zip file from there which is a .tar.gz file, but after the extract there is no setup or installation files. The name suggest that it is the "INSTALL" file, but I am unable to open it in any way. The rest of the files seem to be update files or something on 1 MB. Do you have a tip for using this file? I will definitely call the Dell team but I am just avoiding it to know if there is any other way to get the solution.

The tar.gz file contains what you need to build the firmware for access point. This is not accurate what you're looking for. In general, a tar.gz is widely used on unix and linux platform, so looking for something for the windows, it is rarely packaged in this way. If you just want to reset your access point than don't you have a reset button on the back? And then put it back up via the web interface?

I do not know about DWL-G700AP, but I had an old DGL-4300 which was purchased some years ago, when I thought that there is a need of router. The only thing I had to do was to log into routers and add the desired settings. There were some problems with wireless cards that lost connection in a while, but it was resolved with a firmware update. The Dlink routers, I've had has always a link http://192.168.0.1/. Default login is Admin and no password. There have been no need to install software. Viewing at the manual for the DWL-G700AP it can be accessed with http://192.168.0.50/ and user is admin.