Thread: Apache web server with windows

Apache web server with windows

I am having a HP computer with the windows 7 environment, and using the computer basically for the office and the home purpose, now I am thinking to set up the Apache Server connectivity in my computer and will use it in the home network. so is there anyone suggest me to how to install the server? What are the requirements for the server installation or any other information regarding this will be very much appreciated..

Re: Apache web server with windows

This server is basically any computer with the any environment. Although I a m having some of the basic technical specification of the server installation, I am giving you which will might be help you to select the correct one. This is a good server technology for the using in the home as well as the office network. The minimum system requirements for the Apache over win 32 are: the processor should be x86 support Processor, the operating system which are compatible with the server are like the Windows 2000, windows XP any version and the operating system those are not the windows application. To connect with the Apache server you must have to install the TCP/IP Networking in your computer.

You can easily get the server installer in the internet after that install the server installer on your computer, make sure that you are fulfilling the requirements for the installation the server. Whenever you will reach to the "Server Information" windows, proceed by entering the key localhost in the window of the Network Domain with some of the information like the Server Name and the email address those are belongs to the administrator. This will create the default Apache configuration file which will help while you will making the installation for the file. You can also do the same operation manually for that the port number should be 80 and the leave the default settings of the server for the users those are using the server to access the internet.

After the installation of the Apace application you will found the option to configure that one with the window in the “apache_ver/conf/ directory”. You have to look for that in the directory because there is so much file located in the directory. Look for the httpd.conf, which contains the information about the directory and the configuration of the server. You will see the options which are in the name of the server management and the server logs. Next look for the srm.conf, which contains the configurations for the management of the resources of the server, which is situated in the file system of the windows. And finally for the access.conf, this one is contains the access control of the server. this information is helps you to proceed the installation process.

During the installation of the Apache server application you will prompt for the server information setting in your machine, use the Network domain name and the server name both are as the “localhost” along with the email address of the administrator. The port number of the server should be 80 it will also same while you configure the server in manually. After the complete installation of the Apache you will see the icon which indicates that the server service "Monitor Apache Servers" is starts in your machine. By the icon which is appearing in your computer screen by that you can easily stop or start the service of the Apache server. Remember that before accessing the internet by using the Apache server make sure that the server testing is done.

Make sure that the software for the server is working fine, for that you open the browser and check the local host of the server that you are using, if it shows that it is works then be sure that there is no problem with the server software and the hosting. Also you can do one more thing, just open the Notepad from the start menu option of your window and then try to configure the server settings with the machine. You can see the path look like the “C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf”, where you will found the configuration setting of the server, this will redirect you to configure the network with the machine, do this one I hope this will help you to access the server. make sure that the directory file should be the “Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs".