Thread: VPN: How to disable Hotspot Shield?

VPN: How to disable Hotspot Shield?

I am having a HP computer with the windows XP environment. Also having the VPN network connection. access the internet service in the Internet Explorer browser. Facing some of the problem regarding the security feature of the network service. Some of the web-sites are interfering while I access the internet. I am using the Hotspot Shield(HSS), I think there is some problem in the network service. Anyone suggest me to how to disable the HSS service? I tried to uninstall that one from ten internet explorer browser, but it not allowed me to uninstall that one from the browser. Any suggestion regarding the wifi security will be very appreciated…

Re: VPN: How to disable Hotspot Shield?

As per my knowledge the HSS application installs a tool bar while it installed in the computer. By this the application is treats as the spam of the computer. I think for this you are unable to remove the application. For that you first have to uninstall the tool bar, from the control panel under the start menu option of the window. Then remove the entire temporary and the registry files o the tool bar application. This will also creates problem while you tried for the un-installation of the HSS. It might be require for the reboot the machine, you should have to restart the machine. Now you try to uninstall the original application HSS. I hope you will now able to uninstall the security application from the machine. Remember teat after the un-installation of the application restart the browser that you are using to internet access.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Yes this is right issue regarding the network security, the tool bar is creates the problem on the security feature of the network application. The HSS is a spyware for the network security. This is good network security with the good feature, so I suggest you don’t remove that one completely. I think there is a problem on the browser that you are using, so reinstall the browser along with the also reinstall the HSS application. I hope after the fresh installation of the both the application will be able you to execute the application, also I think this will give you the all the security feature for the network access. While you un-install the HSS recommend you to uninstall the entire program which are using the hotspot shield. After the uninstall kill all the directory files and the registry entries by putting the name of the application by searching the name of the application like the hotspot shield and anchor.

If you are trying to un-install the HSS application by enabling the VPN connection then recommend you have to first release the VPN connectivity then try to un-install that one. While you trashing the application, you have to disconnect the VPN or other network connection that you are using in the machine. Remember that after the deletion of the application the program will still run in the computer process tab by the extension of kextstat, it might be interrupt you for the un-install of the program. For that you go to the task manger of the window by right click on the window desktop and in the process tab look for the kextstat, select that one and stop the process of the extension. This one is not locate in the physical memory of the computer, you should have to locate that on from the background. I hope now you are able to uninstall the application. A system reboot is required after the process.

If this is not delete by the normal procedure that go for the third party software those are used for delete any application or the process if they are not deleted by the windows simple procedure. Look for the left right side of the computer screen where you will found the to disable the HSS application, while disabling that one you have to disable the VPN connection in your computer. A green button will appear in the screen for the disabling of the HSS application from the network service, I think this is the simplest way to disable that one.

I would to like some of the prior information regarding the topic that you mentioned in your post. There is access control which is named as the Media Access Control or MAC which is also known as the Ethernet hardware, which is used to detect the physical information of the computer where you accessing the internet service. Most of the NIC’s are support the cloning of the MAC address of the computer. the Address or the Ethernet Hardware Address is designed with the quasi-unique identify, which is attached with most of the NIC’s in the computer. The calculation of the Hotspot Shield bandwidth is tied with the MAC address of the computer. You if you are going to change the MAC address or to remove it then the Hotspot Shield will treat your computer as the fresh one.

While you attempt to create the connectivity with the VPN network connectivity, after press the connect button, it will redirect to a process for the VPN which is unknown, for the few times it will wait for the network response. And after the all type of the authentication it will connect with the network. it pull the connection to the network, in this situation some of the networks are losing the network, this time this will opt for the VPN tunnel and the HSS application, the HSS will detect the cause of the problem and will try to redirect the issue which is with the network. it then creates the shield in between the server and the connectivity and will try to protect the server with the problem form that it having the connectivity problem in the network. it will take the bandwidth limit of the network to access the internet service. So if you are wishing to remove the HSS then break the entire limit of the bandwidth which is having for the network service.