Thread: Cannot share files on Homegroup

Cannot share files on Homegroup

My problem is that I am not able to share the files on the Homegroup. Whenever I right click on any folder and select 'share with Homegroup' then I found that it is not able to share it. The folders that I have created earlier and set it to share is accessible from all the computers on the network. All the computers that are in the network are installed the Windows 7 in that and I have entered the name and password to them. I I select the network on my computer and navigate to the folders then I can see the folders there but not able to access those folders. Do you have any idea about this? If you know anything about that then please let us know. I will appreciate any helpful suggestion for this.

Re: Cannot share files on Homegroup

There is possibility that the firewall is not allowing the network to access the files. You can check for the logs for the firewall or the blocked items by the firewall. If you want to confirm that it is the problem due to the firewall or not then you have to disable the firewall and see whether you can access files or not? This will confirm if the problem is with the firewall.

The problem may be with the homegroup that you are using. There may be some problem in the settings for that. Try some solution that you know or that is posted by the other users and if you find that it is not getting solved then you can simply close down the existing homegroup and start it again. This will set up a new homegroup with default settings. This may solve the problem. Earlier, one of my friends was also facing the similar problem and he was also not able to solve that. He did the same as I told you and now he is not facing any such problems.

I am agreeing with the suggestion given by the Visala28 that you have to start the homegroup again. Many people don’t know that how to close the existing workgroup therefore I am giving here the steps to close the existing homegroup.
    • If the control panel in your system is set to the View by "Small" or "Large icons” then you have to open the control panel and in that open Homegroup. In that if you select leave the Home group then it will close the existing home group.
    • If you have set view by “category ” in your control panel then you have to open the control panel and select the category Network and internet and again the same as above that is Homegroup >
    • Leave the Homegroup.

Have you tried to restore to the factory setting if not then try to do that. Just restore the settings to its default factory settings. If you do this then it will solve the problem with PNRPsvc and all. I can say that this will solve the issue because few days back, one of my friends was also facing the similar problem. He tried many things to solve that but nothing was helpful to him and finally he restored the settings to the default factory settings and the problem disappears from then. You can also try this but make sure that it is your last option and you have tried all other solutions to solve this.