Thread: Does the Norton 360 and Microsoft security essentials conflicts

Does the Norton 360 and Microsoft security essentials conflicts

Hi i am having the Dell vostro laptop with the windows 7 operating system installed in it and the processor is of Intel core 2 duo. The thing here is that i want to install the Norton 360 on my system and i already have the windows security essentials on my system which was preloaded with the windows. Now the thing here is that whether the Norton 360 will conflict with the security essentials. I am confused a lot to install the Norton 360 or not. Since i am not happy with the performance of the security essentials i want to install the Norton. Please help me to solve it and let me know that if it they conflict with each other than which is the other better option available.

Re: Does the Norton 360 and Microsoft security essentials conflicts

I don't think that it will give any problem. Make sure that you install the Norton 360 as soon as possible on to your system because it has all the exciting features and also the thing here is that it has nothing to do with the Microsoft security essentials. I hope that this will help you to solve your problem. Whenever you will select you scan any of the drive or folder it will sky you which one to choose so there is no worry at all about the conflicting result you just have to choose the better one.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have to either install the Norton or keep the security essentials as it on your system. Because i don't think that they will work together on your system. The thing is that it will give you the mixed result and since the priority is not set it will also disturb the system. Now what you have to do here is that just uninstall the security essentials from your system and the install the Norton 360. Because installing it with the security essentials will not work so better do it in this way. I am sure that the Norton will do wonders for your system and also will help you o keep your system safe.

If you will ask me than it totally depends on you to select the best. The thing here is that the Norton anti virus offers more features as compared to the Microsoft security essentials.But if you choose to go with the Norton the you have to update it regularly that is per year. Actually in this case you have to renew the norton every year and if you will not do thin than it is of no use. But on the other side the security Essentials are offered to you at free of cost no need of updatation and in case if you feel to do the same it will not cost you. So it really up to you to choose the best.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for spending your vital tome for finding the solution. The thing here is that though i am not happy with the Microsoft security essentials i want to keep it on my system because i don't have any trust on the Norton antivirus. But as said by you people that it is not possible for me to keep both of them on the same system. Now here i need the best one in the business so please suggest me which one is the better and why should go with it and please help me to get rid of this problem as early as possible.

According to me you have to go with the Microsoft security essentials.Because the Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.It is the is a free download from Microsoft that is simple to install, easy to use, and always kept up to date so you can be assured your PC is protected by the latest technology. It’s easy to tell if your PC is secure when you’re green, you’re good. It’s that simple.The Microsoft Security Essentials runs quietly and efficiently in the background so that you are free to use your Windows based PC the way you want without interruptions or long computer wait times.

The Norton 360 is the best option available for you. The thing is that it is currently the best antvirus available. It has the best ability to scan the system and also it always keeps the system protected from the viruses. Here are some of its specifications:
    • Manufacturer: Symantec
    • Category Security applications License pricing
    • Platform Windows
    • Distribution Media CD-ROM
    • Package Type Retail