Thread: Vodafone Sure Signal box not working

Vodafone Sure Signal box not working

I have recently brought new Vodafone sure signal box yesterday. I have the complete requirement for this box like 1 Mbps broadband connection, a wifi router for a home network which contain a desktop, laptop, 3G mobile and my Xbox. When I switch on the Sure signal, it lights on and started flashing. After a half minute the light automatically went off noticing that there must be a problem. I asked the customer service provider, but they couldn’t helped me at all. Is there anyone who can make this device back to work? I really spent much money on this. So please help me!

Re: Vodafone Sure Signal box not working

You may not know that the Gateway’s actual startup procedure takes implausible time. I cannot able to mention what exactly the length of time. First of all the Gateway takes the initialization process. You don’t have to do it manually. It will take nearly an hour to automatically complete setup process. So do not turn of the power if the light goes off. Leave it a little longer without disturbing it and see. For further details check the manual.

I think that your wifi router is making some disturbance. The firewall program in the router is blocking your Gateway service. Alter the firewall setup so that it can allow all type of inbound and outbound services. Also you need to give some time for the gateway so that it can register. There are some type of services which blocks the certain ports by default. For this issue you need to contact the internet service provider.If the Mac filtering is disabled then also it is not possible to connect.

There are 4 types of light in Vodafone sure Signal Box. The flashing light 1 indicates that the connection is not established to internet. As your issue concern you may be getting this light. Check all the physical connection once again and also check is there any internet connection is flowing or not. Try different Ethernet cable if necessary. Add the Mac address of the router to your gateway list and enable the port forwarding option so that your private network can allow the Vodafone service.

Many users says that the Sure signal box does work well with mobile 3G connection. So it is better to use the Fixed line broadband. This is not a compulsory option. Reset the box once again, because there is a possibility that some changes may occurred by default. You can use only 4 devices at one time to get the complete signal. You will need a minimum 1 Mbps broadband connection and register the Access Gateway by visiting the Vodafone Web Page.